Mage tower?

I’ve done alot of the mage towers back in legion when it was released, but the current DH challenge seems way too hard. I feel I only have 0.1 seconds to react to mechanics and you get punished with instant death if you make the slightest mistake.

I don’t think I’m a bad player, but I’m struggling quite a bit with this. I’ve tried like 5 different builds and I’m rotating my kick/cc’s on the frost bolts, but sometimes I’m just getting killed in 2 seconds by comet storm and I have to be flawless in the mirror image phase or I just die.

Tips would be appreciated!

1 Like

That is why i go to Vengeance Mage Tower. For me it is way easier but still i try to beat him. Mine best try is 30k HP left and i would beat him but 2 sec left to defensive against Annihilate and ahhhh so close.

Yeah, like the comment above mentioned try vengeance if you’d like. You don’t have to know your spec perfectly, plus the challenge seems way more fun that Xylem ever will be

I was very excited to try out Mage tower couple of days ago but i found it too hard… Tried both spec. Tried to read up on it but in the end it seemed like way too much hassle. Good luck to you though. :slight_smile:

i tried the havoc one and jesus this is way way harder than druid i did back in shadowlandsd and now recleared it in almost first try. Looks like i do xylem on another char xD

the thing about comet storm :
“Calls down a blizzard that lasts 15 sec., inflicting Frost damage every 5.2 sec. to all enemies in a selected area.”
By not moving i can say that in my combat log, i’m hit every 1.5 not every 5.2
also the selected area hitbox is probably slightly bigger by 5-10% than what you see …

but we can easily double jump over ice, so its just a matter of reacting fast

hey guyz

I am just a normal player nothing special nothing out of ordinary i play with about 200ms
Because of how bad things are in my Country i can commit to raiding anymore i had to quit my raid team
so only bit of content I get todo is some PVP and Magetower

so enought of myself i have completed the following magetowers

• Druid tank
  • arms warrior
  • WW monk
  • BM hunter
  • Destro warlock

I am busy on Xylem i have about 245+ tries on him and i dont know man feels super tight
keep wipeing on last 10% in second phase DPs check is super tight and you have to play perfect for whole 10min duration
Alot of oneshots xylem doing some high crits even with 0 stacks

i rarely post anything but i dont know feels super overtuned if i compare it to the others

Most guyz that have completed it is raiders with raiding trinkets
i have tried the strat to to have him in the middle on pull to get exstra 20seconds but that doesnt even help

Maybe there are some advice or some trinket i need to farm i dont know ?

there is allot of bugs in this challenge and the Fodder demon proc in second phase is really annoying to get

Not trying to boast here, but I beat the Havoc tower in DF with full pvp gear.

The second phase is less about your damage and more about the position he drops the pools at, if you kill the adds too far from him he will run towards you and place a new pool much further out. On my winning attempt I still had 15-20% of the arena uncovered, mainly due to me trying not to finish the adds in melee but instead with throw glaive/soulrend once im already in position for the boss to drop the next pool.

Hope this helps!

yeah but killing these adds is not easy. If it catch u with some aoe cds, its game over.

back then u over geart it by lot now it eh well you need piece old raid like trinkets stats stick gear make it as it is right now

I completed the mage tower on dh in legion and again in shadowlands. I haven’t tried it in dragonflight as there is no new incentive, however my advice is do some research and make sure that you are using all consumables available to you at the scaled level. drums + the right potions helps a ton to make the dps check. If you are still struggling after that, then there are some well known and overpowered trinkets that can make the fight considerably easier as well.

You’re not wrong, I did have to save aoe cds for them and it wasn’t easy (Chaos Nova is 100% required) but once you get that pattern down, move away from them when they’re on low health (into position next to the pools) and finish with throw glaive.

Also @Trapeye I clearly said it was in Dragonflight that I did this in pvp gear with plenty of time to spare, but I was using full consumables (drums, runes, food and the minute long legion potion that adds fire damage to your attacks which is very valuable here)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.