Magic Tournament, once again!

Hi People of The collected realms.

I’m here and thinking of hosting another magic tournament by the Coven. Because of Shadowlands this year, some people might stay on Azeroth, some might go to the Shadowlands. Therefor this years magic tournament will exist somewhere in your private timeline, whereever it fits you. Therefor I also ask that you do not speak about the events in shadowlands IC if you attend.

This year’s rules will be a bit different, and I will put an update up later on when I have refined them.

The tournament will be either in October or November

Please comment which weekday fits your guild the best, or the day you think fits the best if you’re a soloer, I’ll be democratic and choose the day most people can come.
Hope I’ll se you there!

– NEW INFORMATION. TIME, PLACE AND RULES–

Dear Magic fanatics.

The time for the Magic Tournament shall be the 17’th October, a Saturday at 8:00 PM WoW/server time.

You will have to register between 7:45 to 8:15 (19:45 - 20:15) PM.
(Early birds are therefor welcome to show up)

As usual the place of the tournament will once again change. To be more fair to surroundings and to once again as well, provide an extra challenge.

This year the tournament will be held in Tanaris, in Gadgetzan! Last time you had to withstand the cold winds of Northrend, this year you must stand the boiling heat of the desert Tanaris!

For the rules:

Sparring events, tournaments and in general duels can tend to go on for long. This is not optimized as some people may have to leave early.

So this year, instead of having HP to count down. You instead have a certain amount of actions.

Attacks and a dodge.

This means, each person, will have 3 attack emote actions, and 1 dodge/block emote action. and here is how it will work.

It will go as a general duel, the two opponents switch between being the attacker and the defender, who starts attacking is decided by a initiation roll.

The attacking person will emote and then roll a D20, and the defender will then roll a D20 as well to see if they can defend the attack. The highest roll goes through.

IF the defender fails their defending roll, they can however use their 1 time dodge/block action. They can then block the attack like they had rolled the highest. The dodge/block action is a 1 TIME action, throughout the entire tournament, so time it well. (I will be keeping tabs on everyone’s dodge/block action so there is not cheating or confusion)

The attack actions refresh each battle. The attack actions are made so the duels take less time, but this also means you can go more out in flair and bedazzling, show us your best magics!

To sum it up.
Every person have 3 attack actions that refreshes each battle, and only -1- dodge action for the entire tournament. Who ever have been hit the most in the duel loses.

IF it is a tie, both opponents will roll for attack the highest roll with a D20 the attack will go through. (I except much magic explosion collision :wink: )

The tournament style this year is still bracket.

– MAGIC TYPES–

Allowed none restricted magic types:
Nature/Spirit/Life
Arcane
Fire
Earth
Water/Ice
Wind

Allowed but restricted magics:
Restricted to depending on the opponent:
Light
Shadow
Fel
(Like no light against Forsaken, or larger fel magics against none fel casters)
Restricted to only using minor spells of the type:
Shadow
Fel

Completely none allowed:
Death
Decay

NO MINIONS OR SUMMON ALLOWED.
We want to see -your- magic, not your summons.

Hope to see you there!

– IC POSTER–

"Dear Horde casters.

It is my pleasure to announce that the Coven will once again hold a magic tournament to test the stamina, mana and skills of every type of caster that may be in the Horde.

This year it will be held in Gadgetzan, Tanaris. To test your very being in the dry heat.

It shall be held the 17’th of October, in the evening when the bell rings eight.
The registration is from a bit before to a bit after the bell’s toll.

We hope to see you there."

Signed Evelyn Rosemary, and the Coven.

9 Likes

WV typically host events on Fridays and Sundays but we’d be happy to work around this as I missed the tournament last time. Not happening again, no chance! :smiley:

The only question I have is would shadow magic be permitted? Ofc I know that might be later refined in your rule update ^^

Thanks and looking forward to it!

3 Likes

Shadow magic is permitted, but is one of the usual restricted forms of magic. Meaning you may have some spells completely off limit to use. Shadow magic also depends on your opponent!

3 Likes

Friendly reminder that Kimble is an absolute beast when it comes to magic tournaments. Beware, beware…

4 Likes

I like the system. Makes sure each individual fight doesn’t take ages.
Might drop by on my pyromancer, since it’s her home turf and all, assuming it’s not DnD night. Saturdays are generally a bit dodgy for me.

1 Like

Remember, this event will take place in a time bubble so it fits before the Scourge Invasion!

Soon™…

2 Likes

I can taste the magic!

1 Like

Thank you all for coming! The winner this year was Linaria Duskweaver!

Second place to Asarya Starsong!

Hope to see you next year!

6 Likes

The event was awesome, the participants were fantastic, and the new tournament mechanics worked perfectly, especially given the number of competitors. Many thanks to Evelynn for hosting!

I had tons of fun, especially since my character is not a combatant but rather a support mage, so she has to rely on a slightly different skillset (which just so happens to be very fun to emote).

Sometimes all you need to win is a competitive streak wider than Garrosh’s shoulders! :sparkles::muscle::sparkles:

4 Likes

Thanks for hosting this event, it was great again! I do like the new rules, it seems to make the battles faster.

2 Likes

sadly I discovered Lonia got back to level ten and lost his portal abilities, so he was spawn killed continuously in Desolace.

at least we had a night elven feast instead…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.