Magmatusk wants nerf so hard

I made all +22 keys in time except Neltharus. The problem is that Magmatusk is just impossible to do, tried it with ~10 groups and was not even close every time. Lava spray requires defs, 20+ sec dot requires defs. Unless you have insane comp with 200k dps players, this is not doable. I assume that all dungeons on the same M+ level should be approximately the same, but this boss feels like +26 instead of +22.

2 Likes

certainly the hardest boss with easy mechanics, which is kinda strange i guess. should be about harder mechanics not tune numbers so high that you will just belly flop.

anyways, it seems it is doable on 22 considering it has been cleared already on higher levels, but you probably need ilvl 440 with almost bis items and perfect comp that has the best self heals and def cds while doing crazy high dps with strong mobility.

while i am not doing it on higher than 17, i find it even there that people just die. (well they also die to magma waves but that is a different story)

You need to use the Phial on the right side in the entrance of the Bossroom to give the Boss instantly 2 Stacks, but it doesnt stack higher then. This makes the fight doable

that is most likely an exploit but well if thats intended then that is a solution.
we will see if blizz fix it now after it has been made public

Well, it’s been timed on +24 Tyrannical so even you have lots to grow yet xD

People are using a bug to make the boss do like 150% less damage

1 Like

some groups with bis gear, good setup and coordinatination can do that. My point is that if pugs can easily do any 22, then neltharus should be somewhere similar difficulty. Ofc I’m not the best player and I can’t time +29, but IMO all dungeons should be approximately the same, otherwise it doesn’t make sense.

UPD: Also I guess that these +24 were timed with the cheese strategy, which is fine, cuz the boss is clearly overtuned, but at the moment of posting this topic I was not aware of the cheese

1 Like

And just as I’m reading the forums , that dungeon gets timed on a +25. I also don’t think protection paladin is the best choice as vengeance dh gives +5% damage to shadow priests who are completely broken right now. It’s a veng dh + full caster ranged comp apparently.

Yea if you have full ranged then lava spray always targets the tank

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.