[Main Thread] Audio Dialog stops working as if it's been turned off - April 2023

Having this issue. Tried turning off addons, restarting etc. Can’t heart any dialogue at all since yesterday and have no idea what is causing it.
EDIT: Now they started working randomly again. Used dreamway and it’s back on. shrug

Same issue for me.

same issue. tried the details fix and disabling world quest tracker addon as suggested, still getting the problem. would be nice to have some acknowledgement from blizz that they’re aware of this issue.

Greetings,

We have been monitoring this issue and forwarded it to our developers. Thank you Doomspoon for posting a few potential solutions.

Most importantly please check your addons (for example World Quest Tracker) for an option that disables Talking Head Frames. Disabling all your addons or resetting your interface will not help, but enabling Talking Head Frames again should help.

We are also investigating reports of a potential CVar length overflow bug that is also happening to players who don’t use any addons. Please make sure to use the Bug Report feature in-game to send your report to our developers. The more reports they get this way the higher the bug will be prioritized.

1 Like

same issue. commented out the two lines in the openraid.lua (details) and delete the world quest tracker addon; i still get the problem. talking head frame is enabled.

From this I tried searching my config.wtf file for SET Sound_DialogVolume, and realized that line wasn’t even in my config file…

What I did was add the line (SET Sound_DialogVolume) and set the volume behind it to 1, so now the line looks like this:

SET Sound_DialogVolume “1”, and after a Quit Game and restart, it seems to be working fine. Only logged in once since adding the line, so it might just be a lucky shot, but for now I am happy :slight_smile:

In addition to World Quest Tracker, the Elvui plugin Shadow & Light also has a “Hide talking head” option under “Blizzard” in the “Skins” tab. Disabling this on both addons fixed the issue for me.

1 Like

Tried this, didn’t work; still hear zero dialog in the game. I’ve also turned off World Quest tracker. Still nothing

Hello everyone, I have been having this problem also and after looking around I found that when removing the Cache folder it fixes this problem, I also asked at least 5 other guild members of mine if it fixes it for them also and it did so I made a quick video about it. I am not posting it here to promote my self in any way, and instead just want to help everyone to get this fixed for now until Blizzard gets a permanent fix for it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.