[Main Thread] Dreadnaught Classic SOM server lagging/unable to login 04-04-22

What about a “We are working on it” or “We saw it” or at least a “We saw it but we don’t give a fk.”?

1 Like

have you checked twitter? that’s where most of their feedback is too, no wonder this game is ded

1 Like

Hey everyone,

I wanted to hop in and let you know that we are investigating reports from multiple players for issues connecting to or being able to play on Dreadnaught. I do not have a work around or ETA on a resolution but any updates we do get will be posted here as we get them. Keep an eye on this post for details.

Why cant i load my charakters nor can i log in/create new charakter. but works on other realms?
Is it just me ?

no its not only u bro its been like this for 3 hours but blizzard dont care

2 Likes

this shaaiz sucks :frowning:

Hey Everyone,

It looks like the engineers were able to track down the cause of the instability and the server should be running normally at this time. If you are still seeing issues logging on or staying connecting/playing go ahead and reply to this thread so we can track if additional work needs to be done.

my character still exist for 5 hours and i cant login

Hey Kershew,

I can log in but when I log in tho my main character “Drathlock” on the Dreadnaught eu SOM server, it says “Character name already exists”. I did the stuff recommended in a other article:

When a World of Warcraft character is not properly logged out from the server, it’s possible to receive the error, “A character with the same name already exists” when attempting to login to that character.

1. Try logging into a different character and then logging fully out of the game
2. Reset your user interface to make sure your files and addons are not corrupted
3. You may need to wait to allow the server to remove the character, which happens after 30 minutes of inactivity

But that did not work. Could you please help me out? There doesnt seem to be a technical support ticket category for this.

Same problem as Drathadin. “A character with that name already exists”

1 Like

Had same problem 10 hours ago, now I got the “Whoops something went wrong” when I hit the Update instead of play button. also when i uninstalled and tried to install the game it sais “Whoops”

1 Like

Same, when I try to log in it says " A character with that name already exists" SOM Dreadnought character name is Nakai

I have the same Problem as Zickz has

Since last night about 7pm “a character with that name already exists” has left me unable to log in to my main character on Dreadnaught SoM.
This morning at 7am I decided to press “repair and scan” option on bnet app which left me with an error message that something went wrong and I was stuck in a never ending “scanning game files” loop

After a few hours of that, I uninstalled and wanted to reinstall but that now also leads to an error message!
At this point I have tried to repair, scan, uninstall
 exhausted all the options blizzard gives.

PLEASE FIX YOUR GAME I PAY A SUBSCRIPTION FOR ITS BEEN OVER 17 HOURS NOW HELLLOOOO???

4 Likes

I got it to work when i installed it in a new place, not the one blizzard wanted. now i open the game from a shortcut instead of the app or whatever its called

Edit: when i tried to launch the game from shortcut it said that there was an update and when i installed that it worked from the app, seems like they fixed something

Can’t login. having the A character with that name already exists error.

Same problem
 ‘Character with that name already exists’ error keeps appering on my account. Unable to play the game for almost 15h.

Fofa - Dreadnaught

Heya Folks,

Sorry to hear some of you are unable to access your characters. The issues effecting the server are resolved however if your character is stuck online still, please create a ticket with our customer support team. They should be able to move your character and help you get online.

What ticket would that fall under tho to get the fastest possible help? I’ve sent a ticket but they say it can take up to a week to reply?

The issues have definitely not been resolved. The Issues are back :slight_smile:

2 Likes

yes actually ridiculous the issues are not fixxed and what kind of fix would that be that I either never play again or have to write a seperate ticket even tho you guys have all the information already here

please fix ur game