'ellow!
Back in the day, things were pretty simple:
One sound played whenever the Horde captured a base, picked up a flag, etc., and another one played when the Alliance did the same.
Simple, intuitive, and actually pretty useful.
Then, at some point (Legion, I think?), Blizzard somehow managed to mess this up. Except they didn’t even mess it up consistently.
In some BGs, the sounds still work the way they used to. In others, they’re reversed.
So instead of instantly knowing whether something good or bad just happened, I now have to check which team I’m on (due to Blitz), remember which BG I’m in, and figure out whether the sounds are flipped in this particular one.
Seriously, how did something so simple become so unnecessarily confusing?
I’ve recently returned after about 8 years away from WoW, and apparently almost a decade still wasn’t enough time to fix this incredibly complicated issue.
Sure, these sounds aren’t exactly essential anymore. But they used to make keeping track of what’s happening in a BG just that little bit easier and more intuitive.
Can we please just have consistent sounds for each faction again?