Make UH DK VIABLE IN PVP for 9.1

Would anyone enjoy seeing this happen?
I am absolutely exhausted of being a Chill Streak one trick pony playing Frost. I miss UH.

What does it need to be viable in PvP?

1 Like

They either remove chillstreak, buff abilities especially obliterate and change the way how KM Procs work or just make UHDK viable… Even with burst window 8k obliterates are just weak compared to absolutely anything. Nowadays DKs suffer a lot defensive wise considering they have 0 physical defense and 0 self heals compared to WoG or any other class that can self heal. Also in this bursty meta Anti-Magic Shell feels like Anti-CC Shell.

I don’t think we’ll be seeing unholy in patch 9.1 since they changed how mastery worked for spec which made the spec vulnerable to any pve buffs/nerfs and I don’t see unholy getting buffed in pve. They either make necrotic strike the only way to go by fixing it completely and telling us hey just stack versa - haste and you are good to go or revert some pve nerfs which is unlikely to happen and I believe that still would not make unholy viable.

Plus, DK class as a whole has tons of problems. I just wish they would sit down and resign the class instead of simple damage buffs / nerfs.

1 Like

Same, I’d love to see an UH Dk redesign similar to what Shadow Priest got. Something along the lines of building up Runic Power to throw a massive Death Coil that actually hits hard, and you can either use for extra dmg, or to heal yourself or your pet, even outside of Lich Born.

With a lot more utility, or ways to avoid physical damage actively, similar to the Warrior’s ignore pain. I love skill based abilities that require you to use them at the right time to benefit from them

What unh needs is death strike nerfs reverted completely and necro strike to be baseline 8-9% probably even more than that in this burst meta.

Unholy never does well in burst metas because it is completely the opposite. It’s best suited to dampening games where its slow and steady.

Unholy has far to much ramp up time and hits far low. The numbers need to be adjusted across the board. The level of difficulty when comparing frost and unh is night and day and it never feels good when a braindead boring spec like frost is the only viable option.

Let’s not even get started on how you need to be babysat as frost because the spec on its own is incredibly lack luster. Chains of ice doesnt kill people.

Yeah, pretty much.

I’d never understand how they fail the class theme so much by making DK a support class in PvP, instead of a self sustained juggernaut people want to kite and run away from, I am basically a fluffer in arenas for my team mate.

They stop talking to me whenever I mention trying some arenas as UH

UH in M+ i do at least is seriously strong, so is frost though but i think they are afraid to make it better in PVP because it will end up being hilariously broken in PVE

I swear they have the tech to do PvP increases only, don’t they?

1 Like

Well they actually do yes but that would demand time to redesign several abilities and as we know time=money and when it comes to money companies do their best to not spend it but just earn it. :rofl:

True,

I remember watching that Interview with Alex Kaleiki, the ex wow dev, saying the team often questions whether its worth investing time and money into PvP at all, since they believe the playerbase for it is basically not big enough to be worth it

It’s definitely a thing

3 Likes

Necro strike isn’t used in any forms of pve. Reverting the ds nerfs made 3 seasons ago wont affect any form of dps except for tanks. Nerfs as many abilities in pvp as they like just buff necro strike and revert the outdated nerfs.

Even when people cried about dk’s being unkillable it’s no different to the broken hybrid healing we’re seeing now nor the insane levels of survivability mages had before it was nerfed over and over. Death strike is literally healing me for less than 4k in pvp combat meanwhile palas, shamans, druids and spriests are topping themselves in 1 cast :upside_down_face:

Yeah but if im not mistaken DS used to heal more than healers do which got it to get nerfed. Is this the era you talk about or it got nerfed again and again after this?

Not really sure, just asking

Death strike healed alot but it was no more broken than the current state of hybrid healers.

I didn’t play BFA, but I heard it was because of corruption gear/borrowed powers. So now that they are gone, why haven’t they buffed it?

What ive seen so many years in WoW?
Blizzard sends 3-4 specs to god-tier and has all the rest to trash-tier. I dont know why they keep doing this 0 balance tactic but still when YOU are on the “bad” side its logical to find it annoying.

There is always 1 exception when it comes to the godtier to trashtier, rogues and mages always on godtier, blizzards favorite children.

I think DS was OP in 1st and 2nd season, then it got nerfed. Corruptions dropped in 4th seasons therefore UH was already nerfed

There was absolutely nothing op about dk in season 1, the class was in the worst position it had ever been in by my experience and understanding. The only thing that kept me going was that i had not played properly since cataclysm and the game was a breath of fresh air until i started to attempt serious pvp.
Just for reference https://i.imgur.com/uFoMKij.png

death strike was op in season 2, then it got nerfed and nerfed again and now without ridiculous health pools it’s near useless. That’s also why necrotic strike feels so weak, health pools are just so low in comparison to the % based abilities.

We as it seems then… We get back to what i said before:

They just want to keep doing this 3-4 spec “balancing”

Frost works but it’s strictly limited to playing with a monk or a dh and given how bad mistweavers and dh’s are it forces you to play with a windwalker. You can run with a warrior too but 90% of them are venthyr and you kinda want bastion to ensure chillstreak goes off.

Good teams will make it work with venthyr warriors and dh’s but from the very small amount of dk teams i have encountered this season 90% of them were wwdk.

The fact is unless you are playing with friends there are much better classes to take over a dk atm. Unholy is just pure garbage in terms of numbers and frost is broken at design. It’s boring to play, easily countered on its wombo combo, doesn’t feel rewarding to play well and overall you feel like a grip bot for your partner

If you look up the interviews with the devs you sort of start getting the idea that is actually done on purpose, both because they aren’t enough devs to take care of all the classes, and secondly because that also allows everyone to feel special at some point in the expansion.

Sort of like choosing a favorite, but taking turns with that

Their aren’t enough of anybody to do anything. Their all getting sacked meanwhile “big” bobby is raking in millions in bonuses for a record year! Excuse the fact that shadowlands is a cesspit of disappointment.

Ive always had the impression they want rogues+mages to always feel special and then 1-2 specs more to fill some gaps.

Kinda hard to believe they dont balance the 3-4 godtier specs because they dont have staff to do it, they just want it this way