Male NElf Priests

Hello everyone. So I’ve recently come back to WoW from a years break, and since coming back I’ve been toying with the idea of playing a Male Night Elf Priest, and roleplaying him as a Moon Priest.

I’m not overly sure if that’s even viable in the lore, and if it isn’t I’ll be dodging that idea like the plague, but before I commit to not doing it for lore reasons I was wondering if anybody here had any sources for me that might make it a viable option as it’s something I’d really like to do and not get shunned by the community for doing it.

EDIT: I do have one more question relative to NElves. More specifically, the concept of the Night Warrior customisation option. Could someone be kind enough to explain the lore of that to me? If I recall correctly, it’s a group of devout followers of Elune being blessed by her after Tyrande became the Night Warrior to take back Darkshore, right?

4 Likes

Night Elves loosened their gender roles after the events of the third war, when the loss of their immortality led to a general culture shock and a need to re-evaluate their roles.
A male Priest of Elune is very much viable, though they would be relatively new to formal priesthood.

9 Likes

Oh its most surely a viable option!

I mean, Blizzard failed to deliver at it; but male Moon-Priests exist and have existed since after the third War! Sadly, since male Moon-Priest aren’t on the same waifu-scale as female (arch)druids only three were ever added and they are, I think, holiday NPC’s in Darnassus, which is now burned down!

Also old lore suggested they couldn’t advance to the higher-echelons of the Sisterhood!

4 Likes

Thank you all for the clarification. Time to get back into it with a male priest. Should be a lot of fun so if you see me pottering about IC, do come and say hello <3

1 Like

Ah! I found the three male Moon-Priests of the Sisterhood of Elune;

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Priest_Ellandras
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Priest_Iridil
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Priest_Sal%27shanan

Sadly, they only appear for the Rogue’s Legion Order Hall questline; and only then

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Hiding_In_Plain_Sight_(Horde)

I do have one more question relative to NElves. More specifically, the concept of the Night Warrior customisation option. Could someone be kind enough to explain the lore of that to me? If I recall correctly, it’s a group of devout followers of Elune being blessed by her after Tyrande became the Night Warrior to take back Darkshore, right?

Sorry for hounding you with questions, but I do want to make sure I get my facts right and to know if it would even be a viable option for me to persue.

As far as I am aware; so far only those that went with Tyrande on her quest to vengeance have gotten the apearance(see the mobs in the Battle for Darkshore), but I still think its up in the air about how it all works!

For example, Shandris, Maiev, Mordent and Malfurion are in the same Battle yet do not have the same appearance!

I think someone more versed in that part of the lore could give you a better explanation! D:

I see. In that case then would it be considered power playing if I wrote into my backstory that my Priest aided with the battle for Darkshore in order for me to be able to use the appearance? I really like it and think it’d fit for what I’m trying to do with this character.

You can use it freely, it wouldn’t be considered power play!

I have a Warrior who uses that appearance to! :wink:

1 Like

You’ve been a massive help, thank you so much. I hope we bump into eachother at some point in game. <3

1 Like

I am sure we will! :smiley:

Goodluck with your character and don’t be afraid to ask for help when you need it! This here Server is a pretty open and helpfull server! :stuck_out_tongue:

Hello!

This is the kinda thread I live for. I’ve rp’ed kinda well known Kaldorei / Shal’dorei male Priests for a few years now.

However mostly retired due to my time in WoW becoming much less.
But Rp’ing a male Priest is grand! I’d personally suggest, start as an acolyte. - You’d only have 30ish years to really study as a Priest professionally. So RP’ing a char a bit -behind- the females of the sisterhood makes sense, to a degree. However each to their own on the matter.

However Rp’ing such. You’ll find with the Kaldorei community IC’ly you may find many who will refuse to acknowledge your presence as a Priest or Acolyte. Many will still consider it odd and even wrong. - But that shouldn’t stop you. Embrace and understand the stigma behind it. It can make such interesting Rp getting chars, especially say, very traditional Priestesses to slowly learn and accept your char, through interactions and actions.

It’s an amazing and unique thing to Rp, and it has weaknesses. - E.G In some situations you may struggle to get some people to well, like you, IC. - But if you can work those weaknesses into exciting strengths, the sky is the limit. I truly wish you the best of luck and I shall keep an eye out for you and seek to interact if I get the chance.

Shanna melor’ne adala fal

5 Likes

It’s described as being a combat enhancement earned by fighting in Darkshore, under the vengeful aspect of Elune.

You should check out Acrona’s upcoming spring festival, if you’re searching for RP to specifically meet people as a male Priest and try the character out.
https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feathermoon-spring-festival/139811

1 Like

Do it by all means, but just bare in mind that Male Priests haven’t been a thing for very long in Kaldorei society and be prepared to get flak from a lot of People on an IC level.

If you struggle with people treating you poorly ICly though I wouldn’t recommend it. People can get quite passionate on the “Can you be a male priest” question.

1 Like

I can’t thank you all enough, the information you’ve given me is fantastic and has given me a lot to think about. I’m really excited for this character and can’t wait to start having interactions on him with people.

1 Like

More like 15ish years, really.

1 Like

I never understood this, honestly.

I mean people are always very accepting and alright with female druids, but for quite alot of people a male priest is suddenly a step to far?

Maybe my night elf male should discriminate against female druids. Atleast he already established that he thinks females can’t make proper druids IC.

2 Likes

I mean I can only speak from my guilds perspective but Female Druids are just as ridiculous a concept to us as Male Priests from my IC standpoint.

I encourage discrimination of both equally :+1:

2 Likes

You’re only that way because you don’t have nightborne druids :wink:

Trust me when suddenly every 1/3 nightborne female is a druid, you’ll learn to accept them or lose 1/3 of potentional recruits!

1 Like

If they don’t accept my guilds belief system they’re not potential recruits. So I don’t really see it as a loss, even if we did have druids. :man_shrugging:

1 Like