Mal'Ganis reset bug

Hi,

Mal’Ganis sometimes resets in heroic CoT: Stratholme. It gives you the emblem and shard (if WG buff is active), but you can’t loot the chest. What happens is that you proceed the fight as normal and when he hits 0.1% HP, he does the animation effect where he vanishes. Sometimes, he just goes back to 100% HP and proceeds attacking. But when he hits 0.1% HP, nothing happens. And you can’t let Arthas die, cuz when Arthas goes 0.1% HP, he heals himself straight up to 30%, causing an infinite loop where you cannot reset it.

5 Likes

This is fixed now cuz it was the same bug as the Northrend Supplies not being awarded when a pet kills Mal’Ganis.

What? Me and my tank friend had never gotten a bag from mal’ganis. Are you sure it was a pet’s fault? I don’t remember if we had pets in all groups. Happened 4 or 5 times out of 4 or 5 times.

Not fixed. Happened to my group today… :frowning: couldn’t find a way to reset it.

We got the same bug with the “reset” of Mal’Ganis and an eternal fight between Arthas and him. Our last try to fix it was to pull him to “valhalla”. So we decided to pull him outside the Dungeon. After entering the Dungeon again we got the message that Arthas will “hunt” him to the end of the world. Then we were able to loot.
Hope this will help other groups too.

I confirm that the bug still exists, I just experienced it this afternoon. But thanks to Neleox, we managed to solve it by getting outside the dungeon while holding aggro on Mal’Ganis.

I can confirm that the bug still exists, happened to our group 2 days ago

I can confirm aswell that it still exists, happened to my group today, 1 hour ago.

bugged out today

Happened to my group today, extremely frustrating experience.

Ya its not fixed

not fixed yet. cant complet my daliy hc quest

still bugged…
absolutely retarded game some times…

Still bugged, thank you for the solution guys!

Edit: we can’t seem to get him out of the dungeon at all. the moment the tank leaves, malganis focuses arthas.

Still bugged today (21/01/23)

Still bugged today (27/01/23)

Did the dungeon so many times. Was never bugged for me. Maybe karma?

Bugged today…
very frustating when it´s daily HC…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.