Massive FPS Drops.. game's stuttering, nothing works

It is very unlikely Microsoft will be able to purchase ActivisionBlizzard. I’m not saying it’s impossible, but too many anti-trust investigations have opened worldwide including the USA, the EU and the UK.

Pretty sad tbh, it’s the only thing that can save the company. You see how bad of a state it’s currently in.

Just resubbed and noticed a lot of stuttering in crowded places. Very noticeable when dragonriding at fast speed into a city. Huge microstutter there even if it’s only two-three players in the town.

3 Likes

just passing by to bump this thread.

blizzard fix gaem.

2 Likes

its called mantainance mode.

well i built an ah in garrison, a bank, got some portals up … now i live only here, who would have knew

6 Likes

I notice a significant frame drop whenever Thundering comes or when Storming tornadoes start spawning. It’s awful trying to heal anything in a high-stakes situation with 30-40 FPS and horrible stutters.

a single skill in empty space causes stutter :

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/EAJwhhlHIA0

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/2nu0Rb0Qs48

same happens with a lot of stuff, including druid shape shifting

1 Like

Here’s an example video of the easily created and repeatable stutter I mentioned in another thread.

https://sendvid.com/80ore7t7

Video was made in a quiet area with no other players around.

While sound effects are enabled simply opening and closing the talents window will cause noticeable stutter and dropped frames. Disabling sound effects and repeating the test you can see no frames dropped. Then switching sound effects back on and opening/closing talents window again there’s significant frames dropped.

Then at very end I open/close the character info window which plays the same sound as opening the talents window, but this time no frames dropped. So it’s not playing the actual sound itself that’s the problem, it’s just having sound effects enabled that in some circumstances is causing major stutter.

It’s not reasonable that this simple task would cause such frames stutter just 'cause sound is enabled, so I suspect bugged or poorly optimised code is to blame.

And don’t tell me this is a “CPU overhead” issue. I have an AMD 5800X3D, an Nvidia 3080TI and 128GB of RAM, so that’s close to a very top spec for running WoW. And it can’t even open and close the talents window without a serious frames drop just 'cause sound effects are enabled? Really?

1 Like

Turning off sound on all systems I’ve tested still causes stutters doing all the things you described, so there’s more to it. So don’t push this too much and let Blizzard only fix the sound issue some experience, leaving the rest that got issues with sound off in the dust.

1 Like

Yes, I agree.

I mean I don’t just want a fix for the FPS dropping when opening the talents window, that’s just an easy and repeatable way to clearly show that something appears to be wrong with the game engine.

As a programmer myself I’d like to see someone try to justify that FPS drop when opening the talents window just 'cause sound is enabled, when playing the same sound with another action causes no FPS drop.

I accept that some (or even most) people don’t get that FPS drop when opening/closing the talents window, but that in itself isn’t the issue, it’s merely a symptom of the problem which appears in different ways on different systems.

This is just the simplest way I’ve found to demonstrate in a way that can’t easily be dismissed that something is wrong with the game engine. At this point we haven’t even got Blizzard to admit that yet.

1 Like

for me guild window/panel was a lot worse then talents.

anyone know what software the guy used here : https://www.youtube.com/shorts/EAJwhhlHIA0

1 Like

It’s RTSS, that’s used at my work to find the stutters that happens on every system.

1 Like

Yes. Even with hunter pet summoned, after dismounting from a flying mount it stutters.

2 Likes

I hope that all people posting here have reported this directly to Blizzard. They need some pressure on them

2 Likes

I ran into this issue as well on a Steam Deck. Non-Dragonflight areas seem to work fine, but in the Dragon Isles I struggle to keep a stable 40 FPS on graphics level 7.

I haven’t tried the sound off solution mentioned in the blue post, but that’s still just a workaround. There needs to be an official fix for this, especially since it affects a lot of players.

3 Likes

I mean i have he same issue and i Run on one pc
4090 Nvidia
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X
32 Gigs
SSD samsung pro 2TB

and other ring is
3060 12 GB
R5 5600x
16 GB
2TB ssd

and i have same issue on both pcs… SO it pretty much in my opinion game bad op
i mean on both pcs once i join to epic bg i can pray to god my pc wont blow away… The 4090 rig pc is running a big better but still i can notice inc in temperature and usage. Even tryed without addons and put all on the lowest and still have same issue. Also i mean i was running SL on Ultra all the time and had 10-15 FPS drop in 25 man scenario now … is just Stuttering and frustration all over it !

2 Likes

I mentioned in another thread, but I can only play without stutters on World Quest reset/renewal days. No stutter, no issues. Every other day I just lose my mind over how bad it is. This absolutely game related, not the pcs.

Just bought the new laptop for Christmas, I was so excited to play with better specs. Yet my old laptop didn’t have these issues at all.

Does anyone else can’t see latest up to date information on the current know issues clicking the top link? All I’ve got is “Something went wrong on our end, page not found”.

Before that I could at least track that they are aware about stutters from that page. Now it’s just nothing. Zero updates everywhere…

First time posting on the forums, and I’d like to chime in that this problem isn’t just affecting people still playing on toasters. Some of us lucky enough to have a solid, new machine because of our job or otherwise, are still having pretty significant stuttering problems.

This is worst in my experience in Valdrakken > Raids (or BGs), especially large ones > open world zone transitioning (like when the mid-screen text appears from one area to the next) > contained Dragon Isles zones like the Evoker starting zone > old world zones.

Typical tech support solutions simply don’t help, or have such a small effect on this issue that it’s not worth compromising for (the things people noted like turning off sound helping, lowering settings, reinstalling, disabling addons, etc). The bottom line seems to be something in the game engine broke with DF in a way it’s not been broken before.

I’ve got a similar setup to Darixus a few posts above me, and even on settings 3/10 in raids, I get noticeable stuttering, especially during heavy visual mechanics.

Something broke, and I hope Blizz can manage to fix it, because it’s pretty tiresome. Immersion-breaking stuttering makes it harder to enjoy the wonderful new zones, towns, raids, and an otherwise fantastic expansion.

5 Likes