Massive Lag Issues

Having massive lag issues for a few days, unsure why so I tried updating my drivers but the issue persists. As far as I can tell however it is a RNG sort of lag issue as it is not consntant. I’ve now had lag for a solid 1.5 hours or so and been trying to open the mailbox on my bank alt for that time. Basically 3 fps. Any advice on what I can try do to fix it? (After I updated my drivers I had to re-install wow btw). I just now discovered that when my inventory got full and i clicked the AH the game seems to run smoothly again and as soon as i open the mailbox again the 3 fps come back. Is this just a mailbox issue?

I also do use TSM

2 Likes

I have the same problem. I have spent a week now trying to fix it. I log on and it seems fine for a few minutes then my fps starts dying. My cpu and gpu are overheating. I have tried everything from boosting my fan to cleaning the inside of my laptop, every kind of maintenance. Ant suggestions would be welcome.

The fact this seems to happen specifically with the mailbox (at least recently) is a bit concerning and that it goes down to 3fps. This does paint the picture of something causing trouble and I do wonder if it is perhaps the TSM addon.

Have you tried running the game with this addon completely removed? Disabling it may not have the same effect so I recommend removing it entirely and disabling any addon manager you may have which would seek to auto reinstall it once removed.

If the issue is still apparent after that, get back to us with your system files and we can take a closer look. To provide your files in this forum thread, simply copy them over to a website like Pastebin once you have them and then use the </> symbol above the text box while replying to give the link to it :slight_smile:

It seems to be a issue with TSM as the mailbox stopped lagging when I disabled it, didin’t even have to uninstall. I still have issues with lag and even crashing in this new patch as my game tends to crash at least a few times a day. Is this just me or is it that the game atm is kind of unstable? Especially in the forge where it can drop down to those 3fps as before mentioned. Thanks for assist.

It’s not a common thing to have this kind of problem in the wider scope of the game. If you get back to us with the system files though we can take a closer look to the ongoing issue you have there :slight_smile:

https://pastebin.com/7XB46Hqm

It is all in swedish unfrotunatley, don’t know if that will be an issue. Want me to change it?

Thanks for getting back with that, no matter that it’s in Swedish as all the data is in the same place anyways ^^

There are a couple of things though in your system files that I would be concerned about, mainly programs that are known to interfere badly with our game and cause issues. I’ll list them below:

• Razer Chroma SDK
  • Razer Game Manager
  • Razer Synapse Service
  • VPN / Proxy Program

All of those should be disabled to see if that helps WoW and it’s performance.

The only other thing that shows up in your system files are alot of driver crashes. Sadly the file does not specify what kind of driver is crashing but usually it’s the graphics card driver. Make sure this is fully up to date and if it already is, you may wish to reinstall it incase something has gone wrong. The website of your graphics card manufacturer will be able to show how to do this if needed.

Hopefully that all works but if you try all that and still no luck, get right on back to us with new system files and we’ll be happy to take a closer look :slight_smile:

occasionally when i crash a dialog window pops up saying something about 3D acceleration, out of reflex i clicked “ok” faster than i could read it but i saw something about 3D Acceleration

That hints more at the driver issue I mentioned being related to your graphics card. Try a reinstall of the graphics card driver first then and see where that gets you. Hopefully it works :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

While there are indeed Mac related issues on the recent patch, the system files provided for our OP’s case point to a Windows based PC.

If you are on a Mac and having issues with the last patch, keep an eye on the big thread we have as when we get more information on the issue, we will look to post there.

Tyrskorn

49 posts

Customer Support 0 0

4d

Hi all,

As those of you following along in the US thread may be aware we implemented some attempted fixes already, though it seems the situation hasn’t improved as hoped.

Rest assured work continues on the issue and additional updates will be pushed as soon as they’re ready. Thanks for your continued patience and understanding for now!

4 days last answer. Keep an eye on what ?
When ? Where ?