Master Shapeshifter hero talents suggestion

After reading hero talents released so far I feel something druidic is missing so here is what I would do IF I had the power. Numbers are obviously placeholders and we have no idea what (if ever) are they ging to do with left side of our default talent tree. English is not my primary language. What are your thoughts?

Master Shapeshifter – your mastery of shapeshifting allows you to use some abilities and effects from all forms in any forms, sometimes combine them into unique powerful effects. ALL Druid specs.

Keystone – Fur of all shapes
• You can use some benefits of all forms in any form. Armor increased by 10%, stamina by 3%, movement speed by 10%, swimming speed by 100%, can breathe under water and have reduced damage from falling.

Row 1
Hybrid Moonfire: Direct damage of Moonfire applies Sunfire and Rake on primary target and Moonfire´s damage over time effect applies regrowth´s healing over time on nearby ally once per 15 seconds.

Master Clearcaster:

• Balance: Moonfire´s damage over time has a chance to make your next Starsurge free and send your feral spirit to leap behind and Rip primary target for 20 seconds OR guardian spirit to charge and Mangle primary target for 20 seconds, increasing damage over time effects (20 seconds internal CD)
  • Guardian: Consuming tooth and claw sends your feral spirit to leap behind and Rip primary target for 20 seconds OR moonkin spirit to apply Stellar Flare on primary target for 20 seconds (20 seconds internal CD)
  • Feral: Consuming clearcasting sends your guardian spirit to charge and Mangle primary target for 20 seconds, increasing damage over time effects OR moonkin spirit to apply Stellar Flare on primary target for 20 seconds (20 seconds internal CD)
  • Restoration: Consuming clearcasting also applies Rejuvenation. (20 seconds internal CD)

Choice node: Nine Lives and Flexible Barkskin

• Nine Lives: Once per 6 minutes you can survive a killing blow but you shift into cat form in prowl. For next 1 second you survive at 1 HP and channel several healing spells (swiftmend, lifebloom, rejuvenation, regrowth, wild growth, cenarion ward and efflorescence), cannot cast any other spells or abilities or be affected by any other spells or abilities. When this effect ends, you shift into bear form. If this effect happens 9 times in a row, next killing blow will kill you until you are resurrected and this cycle refreshes.
  • Flexible Barkskin:
    Balance, Feral, and Restoration: Using Barkskin also shifts you into flexible bear form that allows you to use all spells and abilities for 6 seconds. When this effect ends, you shift into previously used form.
    Guardian: Using Barkskin shifts you into flexible cat form that allows you to use all spells and abilities for 6 seconds, preserves all benefits of bear form and grants you 25% reduced AoE damage and 10% increased movement speed. When this effect ends, you shift into previously used form.

Row 2
Shifting Rejuvenation: Performing actions or shapeshifting in combat has a chance (once per 20 seconds) to cast Rejuvenation on nearby ally and Hybrid Moonfire on nearby enemy.

Damaging and Healing Roots
Damaging Roots (Guardian, Feral, and Balance): Entangling Roots change into Damaging Roots that are instant cast, no longer root the target in place but instead sprout from the ground every 3 seconds, briefly squeeze afflicted target for minor damage. If the target dies Damaging roots travel underground until they find another suitable target until combat ends. When this effect is dispelled or removed the target is rooted in place for 30 seconds and damage caused may cancel the effect. Only one effect can be active at a time.
Healing Roots (Restoration): Entangling Roots change into Healing Roots that are instant cast, no longer root the target and sprout from the ground every 3 seconds, briefly squeeze afflicted target for minor healing. If the target dies or heals to full health the Healing Roots travel underground until they find another suitable ally, prioritizing injured, until combat ends. When this effect is dispelled or removed the dispeller is rooted in place for 30 seconds and damage caused may cancel the effect. Only one effect can be active at a time.

Choice node: Sprouting Roots and Splitting Roots

• Sprouting Roots: Damaging or Healing Roots spread to nearby allies or enemies when they sprout from the ground at reduced effect.
  • Splitting Roots: Damaging or Healing Roots create additional weaker root but this second application does not apply root effect after it is dispelled or removed.

Row 3
Choice node: Tranquil Roar and Defensive Roar

• Tranquil Roar: Stampeding Roar now also casts Tranquility on affected targets at reduced effect.
  • Defensive Roar: Stampeding Roar now also casts Ironbark on affected targets at reduced effect.

Hybrid Frenzy:
Restoration: When you or nearby ally take damage your Healing Roots have a chance to sprout from the ground and heal them.
Feral/Balance/Guardian: When you or nearby ally take damage your Damaging Roots have a chance to sprout from the ground and damage nearby enemy.

Choice node: Animal Teachings and Healing Teachings
Animal Teachings: Skull Bash is usable in any form. (60 sec CD, 15 sec if talented)
Healing Teachings: Rejuvenation and Swiftmend are usable in any form.

Capstone - Borrowed Incarnation
Feral: Incarnation has two charges but the duration reduced to 20 seconds. Every second charge you shift into Moonkin form, bounce backwards as Chosen of Elune while smashing your target with Orbital Strike and Full Moon. During this time, you can use iconic Moonkin spells, generate and spend astral power. When this effect ends, you blast your target with Orbital Strike and Full Moon one last time, shift into Cat form and leap behind your target.
Balance: Incarnation has two charges but the duration reduced to 20 seconds. Every second charge you shift into Cat form, leap behind your target as Avatar of Ashamane while smashing your target with Feral Frenzy and Brutal Slashes. During this time, you can use iconic Feral spells, generate and spend energy. When this effect ends, you smash your target with Feral Frenzy and Brutal Slashes one last time, shift into Moonkin form and bounce backwards.
Guardian: Incarnation has two charges but the duration reduced to 20 seconds. Every second charge you shift into Moonkin form while you preserve benefits of both Bear and Moonkin forms, bounce backwards as Chosen of Elune while smashing your target with Orbital Strike and Full Moon. During this time, you can use iconic Moonkin spells, generate and spend astral power and Starsurge applies Ironfur. When this effect ends, you blast your target with Orbital Strike and Full Moon one last time, shift into Bear form and charge your target.
Restoration: Incarnation has two charges but the duration reduced to 20 seconds. Every second charge you shift into Bear form, charge your target as Guardian of Ursoc while smashing your target with Pulverize, Raze and Lunar Beam, and you can use iconic Guardian spells, generate and spend rage. During this time, your damage heals nearby allies, buffs them with Earthwarden and does not generate threat. When this effect ends, you blast your target with Pulverize, Raze and Lunar Beam one last time, shift out of Bear form and fly to furthest ally.

1 Like

I think this a bit too much. I like the idea of

Fur of all shapes
Choice node: Animal Teachings and Healing Teachings

Nine Lives
I really think we could use some type of Cheat Death or Immunity like Nine Lives, but I think the way you made it work is overcomplicated. Just having it be Cheat Death that negates the killing blow, puts you in prowl, makes this prowl not break from DMG for 9sec and say procs Regen would be enough?

I also really like the ideas of sharing some benefits between forms in a reduced way or a lower duration, but I think you went a little crazy with these full moons and orbital strikes etc.

“Wild Harmony” - new choice node with HotW where your current form receives benefits of all other forms and allows you to use all spells from all other forms in your current form. This would give you this type of ultimate form that knows no restrictions, Cat Form using Iron Fur and shooting Starsurges, Bears using Starsurges and Bleeding up their target.

Nature’s Fusion : This passive ability allows the Druid to blend the qualities of two forms, granting them bonuses from both for 15secs after shapeshifting. 30sec CD. So you can go from Cat to Bear and still be able to DPS for 15 sec while having the ability to survive. Or Cat into Moonkin and hit a Starfall / Starsurge from range while still having increased movement speed and being able to Rak Rip FB Maim. Or Bear into Cat to AoE Bleed up targets and still be tanky and able to iron fur / regen.

Convoke - should be in the class tree and maybe reworked a bit to say - Cast 16 spells - cast 4 spells from each form - 4 cat, 4 bear, 4 moonkin, 4 resto. There could be some pool to reduce how random it is, say you will always get
Cat - FB, Rake, Rip (in AoE can be Primal Wrath), Brutal
Bear - Fur, Regen, Maul, Thrash
Moonkin - Starfall, Starsurge, Moonfire, Sunfire
Resto - Swiftmend, Wild Growth, Regrowth Rejuv
This way you dont just roll 4xFB, 4xMaul, 4xStarsurge, 4xRegrowth and win the lottery.

All for One : Casting an ability from other than your main form reduces the cooldown of abilities in your main form / increases DMG / healing.

Adaptive Nature : After switching forms, your next ability from that form has its effectiveness increased.

Versatile Predator : Dealing damage in Cat form has a chance to reduce the cooldown of your Bear form’s defensive abilities, and vice versa.

Guardian of the Wild : Taking significant damage in Bear form or successfully healing a low-health ally grants a buff that reduces the astral / energy cost of your Moonkin / Cat form ability.

Nature’s Call: Switching forms grants a temporary buff that enhances an aspect of the new form:

• To Cat Form: Increases movement speed and critical strike chance for a brief period.
  • To Bear Form: Significantly reduces incoming damage for the next few attacks.
  • To Moonkin Form: The next spell cast has its cast time reduced or is instant.
  • To Caster Form: The first healing spell cast heals for an additional amount over time.

Just had a quick chat with ChatGPT4

• Circle of Life and Death: When you switch from a form associated with life (Tree or Owl form) to a form associated with death (Cat or Bear form), your next attack deals additional damage based on your healing output in the last 5 seconds. Conversely, when switching from death to life forms, your first heal benefits from extra potency based on the damage dealt in the last 5 seconds.
  • Wildheart Resilience: Surviving critical hits in any form increases your damage and healing by a small percentage for a brief period. This effect stacks up to a cap. Additionally, each stack slightly reduces the cooldown of your defensive abilities across all forms, reinforcing the Druid’s resilience and adaptability.
  • Eclipse Embrace: Casting spells in Moonkin form increases your armor and resistance in Bear form and enhances your healing spells’ effectiveness in Tree form for a short period. Performing attacks in Cat form amplifies your spell damage in Moonkin form, illustrating the symbiotic relationship between the Druid’s various aspects.
  • Primal Synergy: Each form gains a unique bonus from your activities in other forms:
    • From Cat to Bear: Your attacks in Cat form increase your threat generation and damage mitigation in Bear form for a brief duration.
    • From Bear to Owl: Taking damage in Bear form enhances your spell critical strike chance and reduces mana cost in Owl form.
    • From Owl to Tree: Casting damage spells in Owl form increases your healing efficiency and range in Tree form.
    • From Tree to Cat: Healing in Tree form boosts your attack speed and reduces energy costs in Cat form.
  • Nature’s Versatility: Each time you shift into a different form, you gain a stack of Nature’s Versatility, which slightly reduces the mana or energy cost of your abilities. Stacks up to 5 times and lasts for a short period. Shifting forms refreshes the duration, promoting an active playstyle that utilizes all forms.
  • Symbiotic Growth: Healing done in Tree form grants you Symbiotic Spores, increasing your damage output in Cat and Owl forms. Conversely, damage done in Cat or Owl forms grants you Harmonic Roots, enhancing your healing in Tree form. This passive underlines the interconnected growth between the Druid’s roles as healer and damage dealer.

Not 100% WoW related but a 30sec talk with ChatGPT can give you so many great ideas on how to make Druid feel hybrid, make all forms relevant, make you want to swap, want to offheal, want to swap to bear for some time and deal less DMG to later get a bigger heal, bigger hit, make you wanna DPS as healer.

I hope druid of the Claw, give feral a talent that either let us deal more damage in bear form or let us be Tankier in cat form.

That is exactly what we got. I kinda like some of the talents. As feral you will wanna weave in Bear Form a lot more just for a single second even.

Regen can be cast in Cat Form and persists when going from Bear to Cat. Iron Fur persists from bear to Cat. 80% of Bear Armor and HP persists for 6sec when going from Bear to Cat. As Bear you cat go Cat Form to just Rip or FB, as Cat you’ll be just weaving into Bear and Cat just to get the armor / HP / Regens in Cat Form.

1 Like

https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com/en-gb/news/24074997/get-an-eye-on-an-even-dozen-new-hero-talent-trees

new hero talents are out

1 Like

Looking good, the bread form into cast form Talent looks interesting. But those massive attacks are good for the cleave build. Very interesting in pvp, kitty cleave getting buffed with this changes or am i wrong?

1 Like

jungle too, yeah, more single target burst, and better tigerfury bite go´s i like it

1 Like

Feral is much more harder to learn than warlock. I play warlock since 2006. My demo is on 2k in shuffle, but with feral i have far more fun playing.

I’m still struggling with the survivability and sometimes messes up my rotation.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.