Mastery: Echo of Light bugged or working as intended?

Hey just noticed that the echo of light healing is not increased by the 60% bonus healing that Guardian Spirit provides, is this a bug or is it not supposed to get increased since it would then “double dip” on the bonus?

you see in the screenshot that an already applied renew gets buffed when I use guardian but the EoL does not.
i.imgur . com/7sWbrhh.png (remove space from between ( . )

Blizz tend to avoid ‘double dip’ style interactions, and echo of light is no different. Since the EoL is calculated directly from how much the heals cast did, if GS buffed the heal then the EoL is already buffed by GS.

Echo of light is triggered by a heal. It just returns x amount of the triggering heal as a HoT over 6 seconds or two ticks. You cant buff EoL and it does not crit.

There has to be a heal for EoL to trigger and its the heal that is buffed or can crit etc. Thus the EoL amount will increase in line with the increase in healing due to a buff. The amount of healing as a HoT is set by your mastery secondary stat as a percentage. Why mastery is important to holy priests.

Ellipsìs is basically right.

Say you take PoH the spell ppl want to avoid.
Intellect = 1,583
Vers = 11%
Mastery = 41%

Healing per target = 1,844.9865 x 5 targets = 9,224.9325 total healing <----- this is a triggering heal. Each target will get a EoL HoT based on this amount of healing. There are two ticks of EoL, one every 3 seconds.
EoL = 1,844.9865 x 0.41/2 per tick = 378.2222325

Overall healing = 13,007.154825 healing for 2,500 mana. 2,601.430965 per target.

Heal is approx 5,442.710175 (2x=10,885.42035)and 1200 mana per cast. It would take at least two heal spells to match one Prayer of healing for 2400 mana in total cost. About 15,348.4426935 of healing with working it out and adding EoL. This makes heal just a little better than PoHing but with a big increase in cast time.

Players attack me all the time for casting PoH.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.