Mastery scaling through the expansion as druid

Hey all

last season i had like 40% mastery and as soon as 10.2 hit my mastery was like divided by half. I know from this academy dungeon in df that mastery is a bit diffrent from other stats. I currently have 26% mastery in human form and lyncaras teachings would give me 6% as the tooltip says BUT its not 6%. When i go into moonkin form i have 29.somehing% which is less than 4%. I am already at the mastery cap which is like 6000 and hit 10% penalty.

Is that normal? does that mean “balance” scaling late into the patch is worse ^^ idk.

Mastery was changed in 10.2. Before it was - you get 40% increased DMG for having Sunfire / Moonfire. Now you have you get 26% increased DMG baseline + 13% for having Moonfire / Sunfire on the target. So in the end it’s the exact same bonus it was prepatch only now in big AoE pulls you get the base 26% increased DMG even on targets without your dots, meaning you don’t need to fully DoT if you know everything will die in 5secs and you’ll still get 66% of your mastery.

oh now now get it but its a bit weird that they “halfed” it. it looks worse ^^

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.