Maybe I'm a bad player, or does this happen to others too? (gameplay proposal for Outlaw Rogue)

Maybe it’s me, but the only melee in Wow with wich I can’t build a decent ST DPS is the Outlaw.

I play with all melee classes. And I always manage, through sims, taking care of the statistics, enchantments, gems, etc. reach at least good numbers in ST metrics.

But with Outlaw Rogue, a specialization that, I admit, is very fun to play, it is very difficult to get out of the middle percentiles.

Of course with Blade Flurry the AOE damage is another story. The numbers fly.
But is not the same for ST instances.

This particularity has greatly marked the gameplay of the Outlaw Rogues.
And I think it would be very nice to allow this feature to change according to the players’ choice.

What I mean:
For example, creating a talent that affects the use of Blade Flurry.
Talent that can be activated, such as warrior instances. If the instance is active, Blade flurry’s damage to secondary targets is decreased by 50%, but sinister strike and dispatch’s damage to primary targets is increased by 50%.

This will allow players to select whether they want to focus the damage on ST or AOE according to their convenience. What do my Outlaw comrades think about it?

You’re kinda just overcomplicating things. The way Blade Flurry has worked for a long time is:
Toggle Blade Flurry Off: Abilities deal Single Target Damage
Toggle Blade Flurry On: Abilities deal AE Damage

That’s all. There’s no need to overcomplicate the concept. The Numbers, of course, will need to be tuned and balanced, you can look at the cut off points where Damage Scaling comes to play, Cooldowns etc. but the concept itself works very well, is distinct and unique from the other Rogue Specs and other Melee Classes in general. Outlaw AE doesn’t need to be a complicated process, because there are plenty of other ways to provide enough depth in the moment-to-moment gameplay.

What often happens, when you design a complicated and interlocked system is, the actual gameplay becomes binary, and instead of you making decisions, a calculator does. You don’t need to engineer a complicated system to provide depth, it’s actually better to not. The Depth of Gameplay comes from the Practical Application of Systems. With simple systems you have more room to actually make a judgment call yourself intuitively. Simple Systems make the game readable, more reactive, you get better feedback from the game and people generally feel that it provides a much more enjoyable experience overall.

Outlaw, nor any of the Rogue Specs, do not require complex systems. The opposite is actually what the Class needs. Simpler Systems and Mechanics, so the the Depth can be experienced through Gameplay, instead of Spreadsheets.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.