MDI class distribution

Another session of boring MDI. Am i really the only person who consider this MDI events as boring and repetetive ? Lmited competetive scene with the same dominant team again and again.

But whats more discouraging for me is the class diversity… How this can be encouraging and engaging for wow community if every single run is done in the same setups DH tank/ Priest- Pally heal/ Fire, Shadow, boomie and pick one from Unholy, Outlaw, WW from time to time. Its 5 dps specs out of over 20!!! How this suposed to be encouraging for all ther spec? this is the clear sign go meta or get lost. On the top of that both teams have excatly the same setup for 95% of the runs…When some1 dies you can clearly deduct which class died by watching other team comp…

I have an impression that current pve scene of wow (M+, raids) was never so far away from motto “bring the player not the class…”

2 Likes

Its a speed running competition, so you have to take the whats best if you want to have at least some chance to win.

Dh does high trash dps and has really high survivability compared to other tanks.

Ventyr hpala can burst more boss dps than a combusting mage.

Then you bring a fire mage because blizzard forgot to aoe cap that spec and also gave it 1 min cd on one of the strongest offensive cds in the game.

Then you are locked in to bringing a priest for power infusion for the mage. Its a personal bloodlust on 3 min cd. Again, people warned about PI being usable on others, but blizzard ignored it.

Then you bring a class that suplements a mage. Its either unholy dk, boomie or monk. Depends on what exactly you will need, in terms of st dps, aoe dps, burst dps, cc/kicks. Monk and dk both have short cds so its easy to play around the combustion.

The only reason they bring a rogue is necrotic wake weapons having 100% crit chance with master assassing legendary. And btw, the interaction is being removed i 9.0.5 so rip rogues.

Even with groups being completely build around the mage, we still had more class representation this season than in the past. At least we dont have 3 bm hunters running around anymore.

1 Like

They do not forget. Mages are only wanted child of blizzard since beggining of wow.

1 Like

tbh… every season of MDI have been this lol.

I agree, plus I admire more groups that do things with a different than default setup :wink:

Imagine moba approach that you either picking/eliminating specs by teams or rolling the classes. That would be interesting !

the problem here would be u’d basically enforce People to have to practice comps involving everry specc and class in the game.

thats too heavy for a MMORPG Esports

not to mention it’d likely kill off the wild pulling and more they do, which overall would make the gameplay feel more like a Normal +15 Weekly Run instead of a Speed run which by standards is just boring and less appealing to watch.

I see your point however making it “more realistic” or more in pair with spec problems or difficulties of bigger population of ordinary wow payers could be also appealing even if it is 5-10 min longer. Not like MDI have some wild enormus audience nowadays ^^

I can imagine that looses of fans disappointed that run was not soo smooth and longer could be easly mitiagted by interested enchshamans, retri pallas or resto druids who would have preview how skilled pro players manage problems they have…

Instead of nerfing the meta classes, Blizz needs to buff all others.

Standard M+ is kinda boring to watch tho in all honesty. WoW can never replicate the “realism” that the average groups doing in M+. Because the vast majority of the players arent getting to M+15s to begin with.

I am approaching that differently as i think that being closer to wider community will make it more appealing but i could be wrong. Just watching over and over again same clases is not for me.

1 Like

There is already a problem of lack of interest from players. For example there is only one team from each of North America and Oceania (even in time trials). The number of teams that participate in time trials overall in Europe is less than previous. The tank of Golden Guardians team (previously known as Method NA) which is one of the most successful MDI teams, retired to play Path of Exile because it is more rewarding financially.

So players say the financial rewards are not worth the effort and the loss of revenue from streaming (since most don’t stream their practice runs in order not to give away their strategies). If you force players to put even more effort to practice multiple classes for every dungeon, it will make the problem worse.

I am not claiming that I have a solution. But any solution that Blizzard comes up with, has to take BOTH players and viewers into consideration.

1 Like

if you want more diversity in mdi make it so that teams can ban 1 class from their opponents

1 Like

Wouldn’t work every team would ban the same classes. And every team would take the 2nd place meta choices.

The only way you’d get diversity is to enforce teams to not reuse the comps they used in the prior game

Ya seeing what the said what they “wanted” m+ to be in difficulty imagine that ever happen xD

Blizzard increasing difficulty = Make gameplay every other comb except meta pure Hell

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.