MDI Season 1 Global Champions!

How did you calculate 6.40?

4 cups + 1 global = 5 tournaments

Each cup has 11 days of practice + time trials + tournament itself
Let’s say 16 hours playing per day

5 * 11 * 16 = 880

Prize is $150K. Each player gets $30K

30000 / 880 = $34.1/hr

$34/hr is above minimum in most (if not all) countries. It is definitely above average in many countries. I assume the number is before taxes of course, I don’t know which tax laws are applicable and if they would pay taxes.

Glad they spent so much of our subs on the prize money…hope it generated more than they spent…

World champions in speed running content, yippee! Good to see the huge variety in build compositions highlighting the viability of all classes! Oh wait…

It’s obviously massively popular adding timers to everything, let’s throw more into the game to make it even less fun and more like a job…

1 Like

damn who pissed in ur cornflakes this morning

Might have been next door’s cat…

Cups don’t give nearly the same money, here’s something Naowh put together to show what the teams made during cups.

Only the winning team actually makes a decent wage. Bottom 2 teams made 2.50$/hr

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mgcr1ddQ4RwKhcOgykcNrpm-T9Hf9Tt6JFd_3AYDU28/edit#gid=0

teams main money comes from sponsors and the team- prize money is nice but most professional e-sports teams rely heavily on sponsors to lose less money. Several have also sold stakes in the team names and raised millions to fund their e-sports. I saw such a raise fairly recently on a crowdfunding platform which valued the team at £100m (crazy, I know, but the pushers believed it).

And I didn’t count the money from the cups in my calculation. I only included the money from the globals

Yes, and this is what I said earlier. Only top teams earn good money.

When I made my calculation I estimated 11 days per cup at 16 hrs/day. I only included global tournament money with hours for 5 cups. My calculation put them at 34$/hr

With this sheet, it’s actually 8-10hrs per and only 9 days per cup. If you factor that +cup money + stream + youtube + sponsor money, it is very very financially rewarding.

Most countries will tax them hard on it. Thats why its not that big money. It also doesnt cover them on long term.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.