MDI Shadowlands: Season 2 is Ready to Break New Ground

I am expecting rogues too! :grin:

Hey blizzard, here is suggestion for you? Make separate game for PvP and Dungeon runs, if you want to get in esports so badly…keep your esports away from mmo if you cant even balance it properly for God knows how many years…

4 Likes

I’ve watched some and found it interesting. I am slightly worried about the effects on the PUG/“low skill” world though. I am totally in the “low skill” part as well, not trying to paint anyone in a bad light.

But it’s like in MOBAs or in Overwatch: Sure, one hero might be meta, but if the meta relies on you being good at the game, the meta doesn’t necessarily apply to your bracket. If in OW Widowmaker is a meta pick, this still doesn’t make her viable in Gold where people cannot reliably score headshots.
But people will watch MDI, think that you need to have a certain class/spec/legendary to be viable and not allow in people that play a non-“meta” class or spec. Or be super toxic when the tank’s route deviates from what the MDI teams use.

But yeah, apart from these concerns I am reasonably excited about the new season.

Doesn’t matter for pugs, to be honest. If not the MDI, they’ll look for high key pushers, tier lists from wowhead and streamers, and copy those. MDI doesn’t make a difference.

I have to say this is a great proposal. But blizz need to improve the other stuff ingame… actually for ppl not interested in these m runs theres not much to do.
Ill try to farm somethin… in fact i have 5 months to recover.

1 Like

no one cares blizzard about your awful mdi

Eh, I’ve seen all sorts of excuses to be toxic. Who knows. I still enjoy watching the stuff MDI players come up with, but with the setups being almost completely identical between the teams there is a certain degradation of this excitement over time…

MDI is not relatable/comparable with live keys in any way, so nobody should ever look at MDI for the meta and invite those specs in their groups. Next to that some of those classes not even work in a pug environment in lower keys where the pulls are different. People ‘hurt’ their own group by inviting those specs :grin:

you literaly put recoulour of season 1 mount for KSM - nobody will return for it.

plus you put in toxic io into game to further eclude casual players.

m+ is dead this tier before it even launched.

good job there Ion !

We have played 2 expansions without any mount reward. We keep playing, no worries.
That you personally never liked M+ does not change anything.

1 Like

I’m just farming reps mogs mounts atm and enjoying some older content. We need more for sure.

Would be nice if they make older content easier to solo too.

1 Like

Jesus this forum is toxic. There is a lot Blizzard could do better, but them hosting tournaments is definently not a bad thing.

I don’t watch MDI but I like AWC. It doesn’t affect the main game, people should be mad at the million systems they keep investing all their resources to redesign, not some small tournaments they host

2 Likes

Isnt a bad thing. The problem comes when is the only thing they really focus

So what is the thing that’s breaking new ground here? The way that the teams compete to get to the finals is different?

And here I thought they were going to do something actually interesting, like some of the ideas suggested on the forums to make teams play a variety of different classes/specs…

They don’t though. They slap a new affix and barely balance it. They dont put a lot of time investment in m+ and pvp

1 Like

Probably the fact that they will have less watching it than last time? :rofl:

1 Like

nobody cares about this … stop selling wow as esport wow was never esport and will never be

1 Like

in fact so they arent focusing in anything.

fix hunters. BM hunter deserves love, i feel like a forgotten child. will u leave me to die this season as well blizzard? feels lone and sad, bullied by the stronger classes. much like in a bird nest where BM hunter roles is to be pushed out of the nest to die, to feed the already strong classes. oh well, Thx blizzard for your big awernesss and empathy.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.