Mecha-done

There is way too much RNG involved in this. For example to get the blue-print for Emergency Rocket Chicken, you need to be lucky to have it drop from a rare that you can kill only once a week. Also drop rates seem excessively low for Triumph of Gnomeregan Vinyl from Steel Singer Freeza or Lemonade Steel that drops from Oxidized leech beast (also a rare that spawns much more rarely than others).

6 Likes

would just like to point out that this can drop from the rig event as well.

but yeah, there is way to much RNG with this grind. the rig can take hours to spawn sometimes. i wonder what blizz was smoking when they made this. 99% sit around and waiting and 1% gameplay. fun fun…

3 Likes

I finished it the 27th july. So many QQers downvoting my posts on wowhead about it, as well those of others speaking of having finished Mecha-done. I could have finished it four days earlier because of flubbing the second run of Explorer’s league because I didnt know the branching quests needing 3 completions to finish.

But yeah, the bp from Caustic Mechaslime and Triumph of Gnomeregan took the longest. But dont forget that on Supercollider days you can loot both normal mode and hard mode rig for two chances that day. Those two are really the only heavy rng things that may take a while. Dont give up, you will get it eventually.

I expected Id be done with Mecha-done before either of the Rusty mounts on mechagon isle dropped and I was right. Steadily having less motivation to spend time on the isle, nothing much left to do. Finished vision of perfection r3 today.

I’m also done with it, it’s not a big deal achiev.

I don’t like the zone; it’s messy

I have done the exalted rep grind and glad to walk away from zone

It could be that it’s just so busy but I found the whole experience annoying - not difficult - just annoying

With pathfinder done I was ready to call it quits but I have been working on exalted rep so roughed it out

At least in Nazjatar you can farm pearls

Congratulations on your luck.

I’ve been doing all the activities every single day since the release and I’m still missing two blueprints, both of which drop from the random visitors that haven’t visited the island for quite a while now and when they did (the builder and the mechano-chicken guy), nothing dropped for me.

They’ve really outdone themselves on the RNG :poop:

2 Likes

You will still finish it way before anyone doing the crab

at least i got the hardmode mount and being ignored by the flying patrols.

maybe that makes it easier for me ;(

I just got annoyed by the blizz ticket response. Apparently you don’t get the reclamation rig hardmode chest if your bags are full, but you are locked for the day! Kinda annoying, since I require some blueprints from it…

The other ones left for me are the Microbot that’s not a guaranteed drop from the paragon chests (only one opened until now though), overload orange paint vial and the annoy-a-tron gang (because I can’t be bothered to farm the recycle boxes, hate the droprate on tempered plating).

Not really farm, do dailies, wait for WQ to refresh or wait for commanders to invade.

Yes - but - you get about 20 a day and they are useful to upgrade gear

It’s just Tanaan jungle - a simple - quick - daily run to upgrade your gear if you don’t really Raid

I agree, there is nothing worse for me in wow than sitting on the same gear for a long time without any upgrade.

i get a chest from the hardmode reclamation rig each time i attempt it. sure theres a daily lock on that?

its the blue and purple chests that have a chance of the music tune.
After youve done normal and hard mode rig per day, you only get green chests.

The winners for the most rng for me are the orange vial, microbot and triumph of gnomeregan. I have all the other stuff, I’m missing just some grind achievements that I’m doing casually waiting for the triumph to drop.

im stuck on the fel mint green.

is the chicken rare on a daily lockout for the blueprint? should have cared more about killing it from the start.

edit: yep on a daily lockout ;(

Another month of every day killing Freza and doing Rig normal and HM (on the days it’s possible). Still no drop. Oth I have had 5 Oozling pets from event…I wish some blue would at least comment on this. But maybe it is like they say in the american forum: " What’s the point in the Meta when there are 100 objectives but 98 of them take 1% of the time and the 2 take 99% of the time?

But that’s exactly the point of the meta. They want you to keep playing.

If everything in the meta is easy, you are done quick and you stop.

If everything in the meta is hard, you just give up and stop.

But if they have some easy things and a few hard things, you get “mostly done” (but not really) and then a whole lot of sunk cost fallacy makes you keep playing to finish that last little bit (which was really the whole meta all along)."

It feels like the RNG in WoW increases every expansion and the entire game is more and more focused on keeping people playing than actually providing a fun experience. I guess fun doesnt pay as well as time spent, right?

1 Like

Same for me, I kill stupid Freza on daily basis and still no blueprint. This is ridicilous farming one mob over and over again witth no result…

Freza have a far lower chance for triumph of gnomeregan compared to the reclamation rig, because she can drop all the tracks.

Does anyone know if u need to have something else active for this to drop? besides having the gramophone up and running? a quest or something? I’ve killed Rig and Freza so many times now and havent had any vinyl drop. I mean people say Freza can drop all vinyls and that you can get duplicates, but she hasnt dropped a single duplicate for me, much less the Triumph.