Mechagon: K.U-J.O bugs

1. apparently there’s a small chance you’ll die from the AoE even if you’re behind a box so that’s fun.
  2. apparently when the 4th box is supposed to come in, you get nothing. cheers
1 Like

Got any proof for the first one or is it a case of “I swear I wasn’t standing in the bad ma8, honest!”

1 Like

Can’t bring proof, but can confirm that this happened once to our group last night. My bf was standing inside of me for 2 or 3 seconds and just died away because of the venting. Alone. The rest and I survived without any problems.
Other groupmembers did complain that he failed, but I definetly saw him standing inside of me. It’s hard to oversee a guy in a shiny catform.

As there are also complains about this bug on the us-forum, I think you can believe that this can happen. Just isn’t happening everytime. Hadn’t had problems on wednesday in our first run or in any of the other trys yesterday.

The boxproblem wasn’t there last night. At least not the 4th box. We had like 5 or 6 of them before the boss finally died. But in one of our first trys the 2nd box just didn’t come in and it definetly did not get destroyed by the charge of the boss.

unless DKs have 3x the hitbox of other classes he was standing with the rest of the party and only he died.

If I saw him standing outside and dying why would I make a post stating it as a bug? I’d just tell him to move faster behind the box next time… duh…

We thought we had the same issues. But for

1. Probably just a little too far away from the box. Gotta stand almost against it, even a step back can make you get hit.
  2. Only happened if someone messed up. Moving too slowly -> New box appears -> charge -> new box gone or kaput

Today I tried this boss 16 times.

Every time the boxes kept stacking, knocking us back when the first box exploded.

Randomly grp members died behind the box.

Sometimes a box wouldnt drop.

The mechanics are cool but with these bugs its impossible.

Bugs can happen, but if this is happening 16 times on the trot I don’t think it’s Blizzard messing up.

Yep. A bit of a difficulty spike this boss. We have quite a time figuring this out.

You have to hug the box even a slight positioning error can be deadly.
Before the last tick we started to move out from the box even if it means your healer have to heal out the last tick. This is necessary in order to avoid stacking the boxes (that means a wipe because the exploding box will damage the new one). The key to this fight is to position every new box at least a few yards away from the last one. The players targeted by the charge ability can purposefully kill the damaged boxes to control the box situation.

Also your healer is wise to constantly top everyone which made harder by the removable dot (which you have to remove almost instantly) which is damages everyone in the party quite heavily. I felt this fight very heavy on healers but that’s life :slight_smile: I happened to have 2 paladins in my party so my rusted up healing skills was complemented by their skillfully placed lay on hands and defensive abilities.

Other than this I have to say I very much enjoyed this dungeon.

P. S. : some guides suggest that you can LoS the vent using the corners in the room. This is flat out wrong!

if you stand only 1 step behind the box and not exactly at the wall, it will still kill you. pretty stupid but whatever

if the red box gets destroyed by the jump, you will not get a new box to drop

it doesn’t make much sense, since the red box will explode anyways, but i guess it should just be so you wipe if you mess up the jump.

The boss really is pretty easy but the interval between venting flames could be a bit longer. This boss takes so long because as melee you almost have no time to actually dps and only running around from 1 spot to another :octopus:

We said exactly the same when fighting him :slight_smile: . The tacts weren’t that hard, just odd that once he’s done charging he basically starts preparing for the next venting immediately.

Having a 5-10s longer there wouldn’t hurt.

We had this too, then we did this "press yourself really against the box, no space between you and the box, not even 1 mm. That fixed the issue, we also had a moment (not sure if it was the 4th) where no box appeared.

actually I did mechagon this week again and they seemed to have change that.
The boss is now less annoying and even easier than before.

They also changed the fact that you have to hug the box and added an icon that shows you are “hidden”

1 Like

Yeah, K.u.j.o. got fixed/nerfed (choose term according to personal viewpoint). Also, the boxes spawn several seconds later than before, allowing to safely avoid vent for the full duration and position the new box correctly.

noticed it yesterday that the boxes took longer to spawn. Nice to not have to find that sweet spot of being in LoS of the vents but also not too close to the previous box and get knocked back by it cuz the new box spawned right next to it

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.