Mechagon rustbolt rep

Just realised this today after fighting around rustbolt but why is it not the case that you lose reputation if you kill rustbolt guards, this doesn’t seem like a very sensible thing since there’s not really any reason “not” to just raid rustbolt when the pvp quests are up.

1 Like

Because thats far too nuanced for people nowadays. Too much effort and difficulty to simply not kill an aggro’d mob.

That and the fact that some people can’t resist click on an enemy player while in auto attack range at the same vendor sometimes.

Thats not really much of an excuse, if you kill a guard and see minus reputation you will find people will do everything they can to not attack the guards unless they specifically mean to attack that settlement.

Right now you can literally kill 100 rustbolt enforcers right infront of prince erazmin and for some reason he does not even care despite specifically telling you he wont tolerate infighting.

There is then also the matter of guards lacking ultra-slows and mortal strike effects, things that are basically critical to guards doing their job, even the guards suffered from teh pruning apparantly.

1 Like

And that’s why people will not want it. It’d be too much of a nuisance for people to abide by! Like going to a vendor to get your new abilities is just “busy work”, so is avoiding killing everything that you’ve aggro’d!

Just look at the Bursting affix in M+; that annoys so many people because they have to think about consequences of their murder sprees!

Would actually love a Meta Event wherein whichever Faction has been killing off the most opposing players and friendly guards actually gets ousted (or maybe just penalised) by Prince Erazmin for a duration. If you want to get out of the punishment, you would have to individually do something to say “sorry” which would also contribute to your entire server being absolved?

Oh, I should say that I do want negative rep and dishonour to be brought back into the game proper. Better guards too to be honest. Not tougher, but smarter - so they don’t instantly aggro onto the poor sap who is in PvP combat and passed them first - attack the big mean lad who started it! :frowning:

I’d say no to slow because the current roots are already very obnoxious and while guard farming isn’t really the most stellar activity, it still doesn’t deserve such a jerky motion to it. Just make the guards hit a bit harder and tank a lot more. I’d rather have a fewer intimidating burly guard than be swarmed by 1 billion Scrap Bots that just smother the screen than actually do any damage!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.