Mechagon's pretty good!

It’s tuned like a miniraid, I love it. Reminds me of Return to Khara, except mechagon was better executed imo. It really felt like a nice little 5 man raid with tactics to figure out and strats to try. Always feels good to get a team going and being able to think up and figure out strats on our own.

Some of it might be overtuned or unintuitive, though. The path to the 4th boss makes it look like it’s the second boss and I don’t think there’s any way to immediately tell you’re supposed to kill the other bosses first. Some groups will figure it out, but I imagine a lot of pugs will just break not knowing what to do, doesn’t feel quite right.

The last pack before king mecha is a pain in the bum-bum. My group only had 1 CC so we had to cc a mechanic, and focus the other mechanic while the big mechs drilled our bum-bums off with their unavoidable AoE. We died a few times having to figure out and brute force that pack.

My 2 pence. A dungeon-raid like this every patch would be sweet. Really sweet.

Edit: Also, actually, what’s up with the loot table? DPS and tanks can get healer stuff. I love the bonuses, my Anodized Deflectors are damn good but Subroutine: Emergency repairs are on the lootable for warriors. Rebooting Bit Band is on there as well… With a heal proc. With stats worse than a 410. Our fury got them. He couldn’t trade them.

4 Likes

hahah dont mind failing pug all time leave on frist boss cant do tack

1 Like

I loved every minute of it. K.u-j.o. was a bit of a hassle tho’.

Yeah, the loot table was all over the place, but it has interesting bosses, and the place itself is cool in my opinion.

We weren’t tried them yesterday, but interesting how the hard mode works, it’s an obvious love letter to Ulduar (one of, if not the best raids ever created imo).

More than decent stuff blizzard well done (i still not forgot bfa az a whole, but i like THIS direction.)

1 Like

Loved it as well, only things is…not sure I wanna do that M+ :slight_smile:

I love it too , got set of rings today. Wish they made more of those.

1 Like

It’ll be split up like Khara. It’ll end up like any M+ so I wouldn’t worry about it :smiley:

Still gonna be another lame necessary speedrunning instance :confused:

the last pack is only hard if you don’t know that you should stay in the shields lol

What shields

the mobs (not exactly sure which one) drop shield generators with like 10k hp but very long duration. You and the mobs in it take 90% or so reduced dmg. I tanked the whole pack without losing much health as a dd while standing in it. The hassle is to keep the mobs outside while you are inside.
You can even ignore the exploding rabbit while inside the shields

1 Like

Huh, I don’t actually remember seeing there being a shield there, but I guess it’s just cause I auto-killed i without thinking.

Yeah I know it will be split up, but given the toughness of it. I do like it a lot though, just can’t imagine doing that on +10 difficulty any time soon :smiley:

Oh my god I didn’t even think to try this. That last pack was the hardest part of the dungeon when I ran it last night (first full clear). Wiped twice on it, whittling it down. Imagine it’s much easier if you stand in the shields and tank the mobs in them! Will try next week.

Great dungeon overall. Last 2 bosses are much much easier than those before. 4th boss is quite easy too, though this is regular mode mind

1 Like

Yeah. It’d be nice if Blizzard introduced a world quest or something that let you see those bunnies shield you as well. It’s just not quite so intuitive, is it.

My default stance when I see a big shield is to take mobs away from it, because it either protects them, or buffs them.positioning can be fiddly to tank mobs outside with me inside if I’m unsure it affects me so I generally just take them away.

Now I know otherwise. Should have guessed really given its how the WQ mobs in naz work with the nullifying field. Then again I had the leisure of Reading the debuff there. In the middle of that hellish pull not so much.

Of course it is a little tricky to stand inside and tank outside, because the mobs are running all over the place, but is already quite enough if the dds at least stand in the shield because the big aoe of the 2 big robots usually melt the group.

The tank can be quite easily healed by normal tanking if the healer doesn’t need to focus on group healing.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.