Mega Dungeon opt-in/out option?

I had this thought recently regarding the mega dungeons of World of Warcraft. There aren’t many of them; Maraudon, Dire Maul, Blackrock Depths, Karazhan and mechagon. These dungeons are currently split into several parts for the dungeon finder, which means they’ll pretty much never be utilized as actual, full-clear dungeons again, other than premades.

So I was thinking, why not make an opt-in, opt-out feature, where you can mark yourself as not minding a full run of these types of dungeons, as you queue for your random leveling dungeons? People who do not want to do these full, mega dungeons will never get it, and those that don’t mind the experience, has the chance of getting into one.

2 Likes

tbh would be cool but ;d

thing is there is like a single wider rdf per exp and we can just use lfg to group for it, and the classic ones are speed-ran for xp - if the party agrees they go for full anyway (happens maybe twice per levelling atm)

Um…

Mechagon and Karazhan were never in the random dungeon finder to begin with. When they first launched they were both Mythic only. They both some time after release got updated to be in two parts that were used for Heroic and Mythic+.

Want to do the full run? There’s the premade group option. It’s there for a reason, so use it to make your custom group.

If you want the mega dungeon experience for Maraudon and Blackrock Depths etc, go and play Classic instead.

I know they were initially mythic only, but that doesn’t chnage the fact they were both split up and turned into heroic versions that can be queued for though.

I also know there’s a custom group finder, which can be used for it as well, I’ve been playing this game for 16 years, and all I’m advocating for, is a single tick box, that when Chcked, allows you and anyone else who has it checked to get a full run of the mega dungeons, as a player option while leveling. If you don’t want to get the big runs while leveling, you wouldn’t have to.

also mechagon, is not actualy that big at all, it is made to look big, but compare it to karazhan or Blackrock depths or even Maraudon, it is actualy way faster to clear.

That’s true, it’s probably the fastest of all the mega dungeons. Blackrock depths is probably the biggest and longest, followed by Karazhan? Stratholme, mauradon. Point of it all as well is that it would be an opt-in for leveling, if you don’t want to risk getting a big one in your queue, you can take off the check.

This would literally only give more player option, not take away anything.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.