Memory cannot be read, written nor executed. Happened once or twice at the start, last night 12 times. Desperately need help

I opened a tech support ticket but they have said the obvious and I’ve tried those things, so Ill add what I wrote in the ticket here for convenience.

I am constantly crashing within 5-10 minutes of being online, sometimes more or less. It feels random as hell and has only gotten worst, I’ve had maybe 12 crashes last night, It started on the 10th of april (based on the wow error folder dates) and then didn’t crash for 10 days odd, then its been every day at least once til tonight, 12 times. Its memory error messages. They include “Could not be read” - “Could not be executed” - “Could not be Written”.

I’m really at a loss here, It happened suddenly and randomly and is only getting worse. I haven’t changed anything on PC or wow and done alot of troubleshooting to no avail. Please please help me. I can attach any and all error logs, and also the ProcessID or ThreadIDs if needed. This has happened on WoW, Overwatch, Valheim.

I have tried

• Reinstalling
  • WoW as Admin
  • Chkdsk
  • Malware Scan
  • Virus Scan
  • Disabled all addons
  • Enabled all addons
  • Deleted WoW Cache
  • Memory diagnostic test
  • No overheating
  • No memory or % creeps on task manager before during or after crash
  • Scan and repair WoW files on launcher
  • Update addons
  • Turning on Direct x 11
  • Turning down hardware acceleration where ever possible?
  • Updated all drivers regularly (I use AVG driver updater, Windows and GeForce)
  • Disabled background apps
  • SFC /Scannow (This DID find corrupted files, It cleaned it fast and it hasn’t returned, I’m worried its my SSD OR HDD as I don’t have viruses that I can find. Also Chkdsk would have found HDD or SSD Failure I think?)
  • X.M.P on and off
  • Updated BIOS to current
  • Hitting Default settings in BIOS
  • Turn graphic settings down in-game

The 1 thing I havent yet done are one by one taking out the RAM and checking if it still happens. Thought id come and ask for some answers before having to reinstall and fiddling with PC parts.

If anyone has any ideas or fixes, Im dying to know, appreciate any and all help, Im hoping im missing something basic and my PC isnt breaking, its relatively new and expensive. Like stated, It’s only happening on wow so im hoping its a wow related issue? or easily fixed, but its unplayable in this state and its raid night tonight :frowning:

Started only happening in valdrakken, but since moved into my raiding.

PC SPECS:
13th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i7-13700KF, 3400 Mhz, 16 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)
PRIME Z790P
48gb Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4700 Ti
Ask for more if need.

BIOS Version/Date - American Megatrends Inc. 1205, Wednesday - 14/06/2023

Thankyou all

• Most recent crash info

Exception: ACCESS_VIOLATION - The instruction at “0x00007ff6e12dbffa” referenced memory at “0x00007ff6ed3dfffa”.
The memory could not be “executed”.
ProcessID: 10252
ThreadID: 21008

<Exception.IssueType> Exception
Crash
Exception.Summary:
ACCESS_VIOLATION - The instruction at “0x00007ff6e12dbffa” referenced memory at “0x00007ff6ed3dfffa”.
The memory could not be “executed”.
(DBG-OPTIONS DBG-ADDR<00007ff6e12dbffa>(“Wow.exe”) ← DBG-ADDR<00007ff6e12dbd1a>(“Wow.exe”) ← DBG-ADDR<00007ff6e12e2c05>(“Wow.exe”) DBG-OPTIONS<>)
<:Exception.Summary>
Exception.Assertion:

I have these errors also ever since i came back to WoW, they are indeed very random and can happen every 5 to 10min or if lucky once an hour.
I have tried everything you said but i also did a clean instal for wow … nothing worked untill …
Last weekend i downloaded Intel Extreme Tuning Utility and lowered my cpu core speed (first 2 as the rest was 53/52) from 57 to 53 and guess what the errors stopped … the next day i set speed 54 and today i am running the game on Balanced mode in Alienware Command Center which runs on speed 56 and so far no errors … but if i set them back on my usuall gaming performance mode … Bam errors galore again.

I play on alienware m18 R1 Laptop:
13th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i9 13980HX (24-Core, 36MB L3 Cache, up to 5.6GHz Max Turbo Frequency)
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 16GB GDDR6
32GB, 2x16GB, DDR5, 4800MHz

I’m not an expert on this but I was reading on the Steam forums where there is currently issues with Intel cpus causing memory issues with graphics cards due to dodgy bios firmware. Anything higher on intel 11th gen is suffering from the issue. You need to update your motherboard bios software to stop the issue. The issue you guys are having sounds exactly the issue I seen on there for other games.

I will try find the thread on the steam forums and link it here for you guys if that helps. If I don’t reply I haven’t found it.

You will maybe find more info about what I’m talking about on google and see if it applies to you?

Thanks for the reply mate, Im currently doing a clean install, deleted everything wow related or bnet related, sounds like it was for nothing though, annoying. Got to redo all addons, wa and macros probably. Will check out what you said.

I appreciate your help bud, hoping you can find the forum or post but if not, I appreciate another insight and something to look into, It happened out of nowhere, perhaps a dodgy intel update start of april?

I’d run it without any addons first of all to see how things go as that means your config and saved vars will be clean.

Macro’s are saved server side so you won’t need to re-create them at least.

Thanks for the reply, I tried with zero addons running, It still crashed sadly, but silver lining with the macros, one less job

It is the cpu as i mentioned above.

Things like that can be caused by driver errors- I’d suggest making sure all your HW drivers are up to date and even check on your PC manufacturer forums to see if other users are having driver/HW issues.

The utility tool wouldn’t work for me, Basically said it wouldn’t let me do anything with the current settings or something? Can’t make sense of it - but I had a whole day after a fresh install without a crash, then just had one again now, Im looking into the bios and its definitely out of date based on the ASUS website, but I couldn’t update it as I dont have a usb handy and the 2 ways I could find without a USB wouldnt work neither, So today I am going to grab a USB and update the bios and pray this is over with.

Have finally updated bios and will update this post if I crash again or in a few weeks if it hasnt for others experiencing this

1 Like

Fingers Crossed I hope it works for you. Unfortunately updating the BIOS did not work for me.

Absolutely fine for a week, then just had the error again now, Will continue looking into what you said properly tonight

Go to the BIOS, and set the CPU profil to Intel default. The motherboard manufacturer used enchanced profile to boost the performance (to get more sells), and sometimes that profiles cause instability. Intel said use the default profiles to prevent this.
U can google that problem too, there are lot of news/videos about it. 13th and 14th CPU-s are involved in this case.

Thanks a ton for your info, will look into it too, I just find it so odd it was perfectly fine for a decent time, Months and months, perhaps even pushing up to a year, No errors, these days non stop memory errors

Tried hitting “default” in BIOS, its all on default already I believe. I’ve now taken off “Turbo mode” will update this post if I see another crash, or eventually If I don’t

i have a full AMD system and have similar issues. i doubt it is a intel issue.
more likely a blizzard issue, all my other games run fine but this one .

No crashes for 12 days, I was also getting the crash on Valheim and Overwatch in the end. Turning off turbo boost in BIOS has worked, but sacrificed FPS, feels quite bad tbh