Merc mode is not a fix: The REAL solution to BG queue times

Beta was fine when the rep set was all we had and I’d be more than fine with it. It would make arena actually playable.

I commend you for the optimal solution… Nice way to stand out!
Finally a rational ally :slight_smile:

I fully agree with this!

I think most people would find this an agreeable solution it seems

As i dont raid 25man, can we get T5-6 gear on PvP vendors or rep vendors also?

Getting honor doesn’t take any skill, just time. I think PvP gear could be handed some other way to people, but giving out raiding sets easier would be overpowered and cause an inflantion of their value.

I like the suggestion!

PvE is also just timeconsuming. It takes basicly no skill to PvE. All you have to do is having an IQ above 80 and you will make it.

Still a lot more than unranked BG PvP for honor, you can do it AFK. You can’t do that in raids.

You can get carried in raids. I dont see your point at all. If that was not the case ppl would not be selling raidruns.

Yeah of course, but it’s still a far fetch from getting honor which is a totally brain dead activity, it doesn’t even compare.

Ofc it compare. Some like X others like Y. I like PvE but i dont like raids. Seems like the hordies like PvP but dont want to do BG’s for the gear. If they would we would not have this conversation. All gear takes time to get, that is the reality of it.

I play alliance, but yes I agree. Still this solution is very low key and just something that’s done one or two phases earlier. I hate grinding bg’s that’s why I have suggested that you could buy them with badge’s which is a long shot compared to this solution.

Even with these changes it doesn’t take away the fact that you can still get the same gear with honor, which is actually a lot easier in terms of skill compared to heroic dungeons.

And exactly how many horde came up with this idea first?

Are we going to do the who’s idea was first? what are you, 5?

He’s basically the only one that actually came up with a non biased solution and didn’t go in the general hurr durr ally mentality of reroll, quit etc.

I’m glad it came from an ally because i’m pretty sure it would not have been welcomed if it came from a horde. Too much bias going on.

1 Like

The real real solution is to give humans Every Man to Himself, so that all the sweatlords roll human and the Horde get instant queues, instead.

Come on, Blizzard.

I do not agree. While rep honor pieces would be ok and that makes sense, something has to happen to queue times as there is quite decent amount of players who like to do BGs, be it for fun or for honor grind, and it’s almost impossible to do them when you have to wait in 60+ minute queue times.

They should:

• Fix queue times with whatever fix they can implement. I was strong advocate against mercenary mode but now that queues are getting worse and worse and that part of game is almost not available for horde, I’d accept even merc mode.
  • Introduce S1 honor gains, not gains from 2.4.3 (or whichever version was it)

PS
This comes from horde player who actually, believe it or not, has 4 set honor pieces and all offset pieces. Do not even ask me how long it took me to get all of that, it’s unhealthy amount of time (been playing BGs/WPVPing almost exclusively since hitting lvl70 4-5 days after TBCC went live).

There is a problem here tho, regardless that I have pretty much “maxed out” resilience (~330 atm) there are other people who were not as silly as I was to farm so much, so it’s almost impossible to find teammates with equal gear and gear is pretty much “must have” option for majority of classes if you want to advance to higher rating levels (3vs3). Things will be only worse and worse in the upcoming weeks, I wouldn’t be surprised at all if queues go to two hours at some point as more and more alliance either gets their honor pieces or quit grinding (due low honor gains without premades).

1 Like

Not really a fair comparison, these pieces get replaced within this season, and were added to reputation vendors in the actual game years ago, speeding it up just helps to fix the problems now for everyone.

T5 get replaced by T6.

The blue honor gear is meant to actually let you get into pvp, and gets replaced within this season, tier 5 is meant to be your premier gear which get replaced months and months later in subsequent raid tiers, they are not comparable situations.

Dungeon gear is replaced by T4.