Mercenary mode no longer gives enlisment bonus in 8.2.5

According to 8.2.5 patch notes, mercenary mode no longer gives enlistment buff, which basically lose all meaning to use it as horde

Wonder why they changed that… Too many horde used it or what?

1 Like

Yeah IDK what was the logic behind that change.

I’ve seen screenshots of BG teams with 9 mercenaries out of 10 players. Dunno how often this happens but it feels like most horde players just used the mercenary mode to farm 50% faster the honor essence

2 Likes

Yes, that was the point, with this BG que time reduced, and rewarded those who did this.

Now this is gone, longer BG ques inc again.

Exactly that. Going from 19 minutes to 6 minutes queue time was amazing. I think it was a win-win situation for both factions. I don’t see why they would remove the bonus tbh…

Very nice,finally.

Now all these peasants can play their base faction and stay at bay.

1 Like

You know, with these “peasants” you got faster que?

1 Like

I couldnt care less about que times tbh.
Everything for the purity of the faction.

3 Likes

Well ok, your opinion.

1 Like

Faster, if the only reason people went mercenary for the buff. It means even afster queues for Alliance, near instant. It will be the Horde that suffers even more than they already do.

pretty sure this is the case, ever since 8.2 i saw a huge increase in horde players in bgs, who in the end did nothing but trashtalk and afk leech

Those who want to do pvp still have a shorter queue time on the alliance side. lets just hope the leechers stay out now

pretty sure he was talking about horde players staying away from the alliance side on bgs. Its the horde getting faster queues out of mercenary mode, not the alliance. because there are alot more horde queued up than alliance

Personally on my Horde, I don’t really care about that buff.
I merc only because 1 minute queue > 15 min queue.

Buff or not, I will keep Merc’ing

Edit: I’d like to point out that I strive to do my best regardless of faction. I just love… well loved BG.
Now I love mostly 111-119 BG’s

I read with Lebowski’s voice x’D

Well I guess the reward it’s the shorter queue time itself after all

Yeah, for Horde players.

For Alliance, it meant going from 2 minute queues to 8+ minute queues.

And then you have these “mercenaries” being absolutely :poop: and instead of stepping up their game, they sit at the graveyard, going on about how :poop: Alliance is.

while i dont like long queues, the only reason i merced the few times i have is to get extra honor. im only around 250-260 i think, and most of that was from legion. my only “goal” is the 500 mount, but i know i wont get that which is why i’ve sort of given up. BUT anytime i do, im trying to get as much honor as i can to help towards lvl 500, so i wont be bothering to merc again.

yes, it is very odd. the reason may be as many have posted below, that people are using merc to get the honor essence. BUT if this is coming in in 8.2.5, wont most of these people already have it? so this change only hurts horde players who are trying to grind honor for honor level rewards. i say rewards, only a pet and mount really. everything else is from legion. the whole honor system is messed up. the only good thing is honor is accountwide, but beyond that its a massive flustercuck.

its not like alliance have a general advantage when it comes to honor levels anyway. 1) they have permanent buff for 3 years or whatever without needing to refresh it every hour, 2) they have faster queue times and 3) with buff, even a loss is not as bad as it is for horde.

this is a terrible change. a few months ago i was thinking about suggesting that merc should be a permanent buff that once you get it, it stays on you until you click the buff to remove it. now i wont bother suggesting that as its not worth it without the honor bonus. well done blizzard. shooting yourself in the foot again.

im so glad i’ve not really played since 8.2 now. bg’s were one of the last thing i enjoyed. but the amount of people doing them who dont really seem to care about winning just is painful. especially in epic bg’s.

tbh, i rarely use merc because i have to go to dala to get it, and it only lasts an hour. thats often only about 2-3 bg’s. its a pain constantly doing that. but i always try to win, whether i play horde, alliance or merc. but i can easily imagine, especially because of the honor essence, a lot of rubbish players just doing what you say because losing as merc often gives almost much as much as winning as horde in the 10-15 man bg’s.

The npc is also there in the PvP hub of Zandalar tho, near the recipe vendor

1 Like

i did not know this. a slight improvement. but still a pain though if im trying to fill time while queuing doing archaeology or trying for pond nettle etc.

I don’t feel this is an unreasonable change. This will make Alliance queue times shorter again after they have increased quite a bit since the essence honor farm started. It didn’t sit right with me that Horde players can choose between a higher win rate (more fun) and shorter queues/more honor, while Alliance players weren’t giving options.

Mercenary mode should have just been deleted. Or better yet, never added at all.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.