Mercenary Mode, remove it please

dont remove it pls allience only way win bg all russian and german on allience

If we can use this “Mercenary mode” to join ally side as horde, why dont do they just make all the instanced PvP cross-faction?

You have some people in this very thread that confirms that they que as mercenarys just to stand afk during the bg for fast honor and rewards.

Also, mind your language please - “zombieautists” didn’t really feel like a nice word.

I don’t care you play on blizzards bastard child favorite faction already you can’t have everything if you want a short queue times you either suffer or you reroll/pay faction change.

Or at least give me an option to opt out so i don’t have to play with horde “loyalists” or traitors who switched sides to horde cause they went there for “easy” wins.

3 Likes

You said it, mr/mrs. :blush::ok_hand:

So you are basically confirming that you want merc mode removed not because it makes the game bad for you, but because it makes the game better for others.

2 Likes

this is a video game, ‘faction loyalist’ is most stupid stuff ingame, anything that will help each other to get more active que is a +, lets say the other faction stop playing random bg completely. wouldnt you be happy to apply to the other faction throught the merc buff? or you would never do random bgs again?

and also lets say they all turn wm off so you cant do world pvp.

3 Likes

Before mercenary mode , allys barely won some bg s :slight_smile:

Maybe horde can’t win any bg without mercenary mode, since you have to reroll alliance to win some. :slight_smile:

You are writting the same in Spanish forum. Stop misinforming. Everybody know horde is losing majority of 10-15 men bgs and it will not change because you repeat it like a parrot.

4 Likes

i won more horde bgs than quing as alliance on a alliance char and using merc buff as horde, alliance has always been bad in bgs tbh for longest time i can remember

1 Like

rater is stay good way win bg only way horde suck bg

In your dreams xD

1 Like

its the truth, stop being salty, alliance players have always been looking more nice/good guy vibe for newcomers and always have the noobs in the bgs. i seen more back paddling alliance players than i seen horde players doing it

Horde has been losing majority of Bgs since WOD and now with the pre-patch it has increased to the point that I rarely lose any. Your faction just win the 40vs40 ones. I has won today 8 of 9 brawls. Only lost one against russian premade.

Download reflex addon, play a few 10-15 men bgs in a row as horde wihout premade, and post the results

1 Like

Dream on. Common knowledge alliance sucks in bg’s.

Throughout the entirety of Legion, my Alliance toon would lose pretty much all the time. Whenever I got fed up by that, I would just log on my Horde character for easy wins and filling my conquest bar nigh-instantly. It was also like this in early BfA.
I had two priests, and while my Alliance priest struggled to fill the bar throughout an entire week, the Horde priest got it in under a day.

Of course, mileage may vary and all that, and after seeing so many comments from both sides, I think that in the majority of cases it’s simply a matter of luck; you either run into a premade and get utterly curbstomped, or you don’t, and whichever team has the least AFKers and bots wins.

This is why horde is QQ in forum about losing every bg and queuing as mercenary?

Now horde has no longer queues, if they keep joining as alliance, its because its more easier to win. When i inspect horde player’s stats in the chamber of the heart, most of horde players got more loses than win.

Didn’t you play bgs since prepatch? Now we are winning EVERY single bg.

3 Likes

I want Mercenary Mode to be removed only for the reasons of ‘‘immersion’’ and ‘‘realism’’.

It’s Horde vs Alliance.
I wanna fight players who picked the enemy faction.

Plus that might motivate some casuals to reroll Alliance for faster queues (?)

W/L ratio is kinda equal imo.

i’m playin both factions and i can tell you can get clueless teamates or trolls on both sides.

3 Likes

I agree. As I stated before, one of the first choises you make when you create a new character is what faction you are gonna play for, and with. Or actually, the choise of race - but all in all it’s the same thing basically.

With that said - I would like to see some efforts to make more players choose to play Alliance - not for pvp, not for pve, not for any other reason than that they want to. And that of course would in turn affect the pve and pvp balance/unbalance.

Flavor. More flavor to the Alliance. Because this is what we have;

Human.
Smaller human.
Smaller human on fire.
Really, really small human.
Really, really small robot-human.
Purple, long human with long ears.
Blue/Pale human with long ears.
Chunky human.
Fluffy, toothy human, or werewolf if you would.
Pale human with goat hooves and horns.
Another, even more pale human with goat hooves and horns. (And a tail.)

So, what about horde then?

Forsaken/undead.
Tauren.
Tauren with moose horns.
Green orc.
Brown orc.
Goblins.
Vulpera.
Nightborne.
Blood elves.
Troll.
Larger troll.

And so on.

And I remember playing WC3/The Frozen Throne as a teenager, and I always ended up starting a new game file for the “To tame A Land campaign” - because I loved it. I Also loved Thralls journey to Kalimdor, were we actually learned how the horde got to know the Taurens, the Darkspear Trolls - and so on.
Playing as Rexxar is the one thing I love the most when I got back to my teenager-days, to relive a game I loved so much.

This is what Alliance needs so bad. Flavor, more story other than Arthas Menethil and Uther the Lightbringer. More story and more interesting story to the races, and absolutely more races that doesn’t need to look human.

Where is the respect for the “Earth Mother” in the Alliance? Where are the spiritwalkers? Where are the races that come from something badly corrupted, but got out of it, struggle with it?

We have “the Light”. In forms of, well, the Light and Elune I guess.

I could go on forever with this, but I’ll try to wrap it up a little.
The Alliance needs more flavor for races that feels, and are interesting. That’s why I love Worgen, and the loooong Gilneas starter zone. (Yes, it is buggy and boring in some ways, because the majority of players just wants to “get in the game quickly” and not play though the zone more than once.)

So, to round things up; Faction matters, and it should matter during all aspects of the game. And if Alliance just had a bit more flavor to the ranks, more people would probably choose to play Alliance, and that could reverse the faction balance problems.

Or, in the wildest of dreams, you actually could get the option to choose faction yourself, not depending on what race you chose. That would make the game better for most of the players who has “friends on the other side”, that they never can play with.

I’m swambling again, but I hope I got some points out.

Why don’t you apply the same stupid mentality you used for alliance races to horde?

Forsaken/undead. -> zombie human
Tauren. -> cow human
Tauren with moose horns. -> moose human
Green orc. -> buff green human
Brown orc. -> buff brown human
Goblins. -> short green human
Vulpera. -> fluffy fox human
Nightborne. -> purple long ear human
Blood elves. -> long ear human
Troll. -> skinny tusky human
Larger troll. -> tusky human

You forgot one though.
People who want merc mode removed because if they can’t have nice things then no one should -> clown humans

1 Like