Mercenary Mode, remove it please

This is the last straw for me, for the third day in a row - I’ve seen four to five man groups of mercenary hordes with paper gear que as alliance. And of course, the rest of the team with gear can’t carry these people through the bg’s.

Last bg was filled with mercenary horde players with between 8000 hp to a maximum of 10.000 hp, not helping, not doing the objectives, not communicating - not doing anything for the team. Either they are dead for the main time of the bg, or they are just afk since most of them know that they can’t contribute to the objectives. And the only reason they do this is the shorter que times, only available for horde.

I get pissed when I see Alliance players in my team with paper gear, and so, even more pissed when I see horde players using mercenary mode with the same type of gear. And if I point it out - I suddenly am the toxic one in the team, no matter how I tell them the obvious fact.

Maybe there could be a factor here to why horde players are the dominant pvp faction as for now, since they actually can abuse the system like this in pvp. In a 10 vs 10 bg with five mercenarys that’s for certain is gonna get one shotted, there is zero to basically none chance to win the bg.

I want mercenary mode gone.
If you chose horde, then you play as horde. If you chose alliance, then you play as alliance. No bonuses, no shortcuts, no perks, no bonus honor or bonus rewards. No “against overwhelming odds”. Just get rid of it.

And for the sake of it - if there is a item level requirement for raiding or being able to que for dungeons, why not implement it in atleast random bg’s too? Tired of paper soldiers. Tired of mercenary mode. Tired of bribes and bonuses. Extra rewards or what ever. Just get rid of it.

13 Likes

mercenary is the best thing they added for random bgs because horde que timers goes from 10 min to 20 min sometimes so queing alliance and get 2 min que is actualy good thing for them who has less players on their faction

8 Likes

I don’t really care if the wait time for a bg is 10-20 minutes, even if it were such que times for alliance too. Can you wait for a dungeon que time, you sure can wait for a bg que time.

If mercenary mode is all about shorter que times, but can destroy so much for the actual bg when que time is over - I want it gone.

I don’t want to see it abused like this. Remove it. Scrap it. Make horde players and alliance players be able to fight each other just like in arenas.

4 Likes

what about those players who dont do dungeon ques? i bet they dont want to wait 20 min to do 1 bg that last 15 min.

i que mercnary mode alot on my main and i see alot of good geared alliance players being bad in the bg. what about them? they also ruin the BG when they dont know how to play! being able to que mercenary to get a fast que and a fast win is a good thing for a good player who can maybe turn the bg. i have done that many times by being a flag carrier and capping the flag when our team has bad players with bad gear on it. i think its just learn to play problem for the good geared players on the alliance!

3 Likes

It’d be nice if they did something to combat the faction imbalance but while it’s as bad as it is, mercenary mode needs to stay. The backlash would be worse if Horde started getting 30 minutes queues just for a random BG.
The only time I queue merc is when my friends want to queue it. Half the time the Alliance team is pretty much all Horde players. And we’re all decently geared. Most of my merc BGs end as wins. I think you’ve just had some bad luck.

Mecenary mode is pretty poor atm. It was very good spot to farm honor when u get all buffs. Q for epic BG - stay afk/watch youtube and get more honor for fast lost game then horde for a tryhard win. Was amaze, when u need to grind but u don’t like it.

So you are telling me that not one single alliance player has ever joined a BG without being geared first?

Undergeared players queue on both sides. There are no ilvl requirements for BGs.

5 Likes

Agreed , Tonight I queued solo bg on alliance , people were 75 ilvl the most , then queued on horde there were 75 ilvl people on horde this time…

There are countless low geared players on horde too, but go on blaming merc mode, as if no alliance queued with no gear. :clown_face:

Sorry mate but ali is completly outnumbered faction and horde should not getting all the pros of ali shorter BG queues while having all the pros having lsto of people playing hordfe faction. If you play overpopulated faction you deserver to have longer queue.

5 Likes

Sorry I’m confused. Please tell me what “all the pros of lsto of people playing hordfe” really are?

2 Likes

Its weekends, most of players in random BG-s and epic BGs here for AFK win while drinking beer. Actually the last epic BG was half of raid just stay AFK at graveyard and do nothing. This what happens when all can q and thats why random BGs q never ever will be rewarded. And this one of the reason why people go to premades.

Mercenary mode doesnt combat faction imbalance. Because they can queue as alliance in the horde. If you want combat faction imbalance, you need to make people reroll alliance.

¿What is the point in entering bg with low gear, if you cant gear up in pvp in this expansion?
Gear up with world quest and dungeon, then queue to Bg when you got a properly gear.

2 Likes

That was my point. Blizz needs to give an incentive like free transfers to imbalanced realms. Cause right now the Alliance doesn’t offer much PvP or PvE wise.

3 Likes

I find it funny that OP’s experience is that horde mercs are the ones with bad gear and low skill, cus i’ve played about 200 bgs in a week with only 2 losses (The losses were 15 man bgs with 10-11 quest geard alliance players), and pretty much in every game, i see atleast half of my team (actual alliance) has 10k hp or less. Merc is literally the only thing allowing these players to win cus they get carried lol.

Um, there can’t be “zero to none” (and it should be ‘zero to no chance’), because it means the same thing. To have any meaning in having a scale, the ends of it must be different.

Many BGs are so imbalanced now, you often get horde team that we can’t possibly beat, rogue that stalks you that you just can’t escape, and stunkills you over and over again, and they won’t cap more than 1 flag, so they can farm you for the whole duration.

This kind of BG is completey pointless and ridiculous, but after pointing out how ludicrous it is to have a “Battle”, where the other side just wins by default because it’s stronger, Blizz did what? They made the problem WORSE, so now it’s even more ludicrous.

Um, Blizz… you were supposed to BALANCE the BGs, not IMBALANCE them further. You were not supposed to make rogues stronger while removing mobility from every other class - you were not supposed to give HORDE TEAM EVEN MORE OP POWER so ally team can only “not resurrect” as the only way to lessen their victory.

I don’t get the logic of one team being superior to the other - what’s the point of a “battle”, when that happens? Why is it allowed?

It’s like playing chess but the other player is given 2 pieces, the other has the full team. It’s like having a boxing match of a professional, trained, adult athlete against a 5-year old girl that has only eaten strawberry cakes her whole life and never exercises.

What would be the point of such a battle? Shouldn’t BOTH sides have at least a winning chance, so the FIGHT or BATTLE could be exciting and unpredictable?

Pre-destined victory for one team … then you are on the pre-destined losing team, how much motivation do you have to do your best when you know you’re going to lose before the BG even starts?

How dare this game call these BATTLEgrounds, when they’re SLAUGHTErgrounds, where ally team can’t do anything because horde is predestined to win?

I hear once upon a time, ally team used to win a lot, so maybe Blizz DID something to ‘compensate’, but this is ridiculous.

No one is forcing horde to be horde… they can make ally char and play that, if they want to ‘enjoy’ the slaughtergrounds. Maybe then people would flock to ally side and we’d get some good players and we could actually win some.

As a side-effect, horde queue times would also go down, and be very quick. The reason for the quick queue times is there are so few people on ally side. Rectify THAT, and everything will be more balanced.

2 Likes

Thankfully horde players don’t need to change faction. You get some good players through horde queueing as merc

Are you saying they do this to make alliance lose bgs?

Cause they dont gain anything on it, just time wasted.

Tbh. i dont believe anyone gear -that much- about factions that they are willing to sacrifice themselves and their time in that way.

If they are not communicating etc. they are just one of the many brainless zombieautists in bgs.

In couple expensions everything might change. Ekzorsus ru horde guild moved to alliance.