Merging low pop Servers needs to be done

I would hope we would get a merge with a bigger realm soon.
Our server is about to die,(its close to dead) its even worse than it was before Pandaria , before the merge between Monglade-Steamwheelde- The Shatar.
We cant get new raiders on our server.
And it wont solve the issue by having X faction when the server is allready so empty.
To force us to move to more populated servers is just sad. AND expensive.
Ive seen the amount of active players on our realms have decreased tremendously and also seen people transfer away.
This shouldnt be the solution?
Is there some way of help coming towards our servers anytime near soon?

Im pretty sure there is similar issues on other realms. Save the game by saving the realms will make people happier and the game will up itself again for sure.

This matter needs to be adressed and looked at and done something with.

3 Likes

Whilst I agree the server populations need to be looked at and they’ve not done enough, I think that the upcoming cross faction guilds will have an impact on realm populations. We may see Alliance moving to Horde heavy realms, and we currently even have a discount on some services.

However I do think they will need to address this. Even if they don’t go for more connected realms like before, they should offer free transfers to other realms. This will however probably exclude the busy ones. Like Silvermoon, Draenor etc who are already the largest and very full.

1 Like

Nothing will be fixed until they stop players creating new characters on the mega realms.

Aggramar also reporting in :smiling_face_with_tear: Honestly though, I think blizz may have become too scared to perform further merges after everything that went wrong in the last ones… either that or they’ve gone full radio silent mode on it for no reason at all

To some extend, but i dont want to play on a high pop server either. But server groups only seem to matter for the local crafters market and guilds at this point. Because out in the world everything is sharded into oblivion anyway. You will rarely ever see someone in the world due to sharding. Even at the launch of the expansion i barely saw anyone at the dragon isles

1 Like

Remind me, what went wrong?

I vaguely remember something about guilds being broken and auction houses messing up, the latter may not be as much an issue with the region wide AH

We been trying for 4+ years

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/dead-servers-megathread-ghostlandsdragonblights-plea-to-blizzard/50699

buddy promoting blizzard harder than blizzard they should hire you.

agree with the op. they should look into it

I like my low pop server tho. Blizz would be better off offering a temporary free server transfer like they have done many many years ago to lure people from big pop servers to some low pop ones

they constantly do that in wotlk classic to balance the servers(which also constantly fails lol) but yeah that could be offered.

Merge most servers into bigger ones. You know what throw in a fresh realm or two as well that would gain some popularity even if it was short lived. Then everyone is happy that they are on populated realms

I am literally so done with being on a dead server, I really hope they’ll do this. Or give 1 free move every 3 months or something.

Basically they don’t do it, so people will purchase the transfers, that’s so sad.

I’ve personally just accepted our fate after years of trying to get some sort of update on the matter, Blizz just don’t seem to care sadly

You know what would make low population servers actually grow again?

Offering an earnings-bonus for playing on Low-Population Realms. Like 20% more gold for the first month on a low population real or something. Or other benefits.

Or just make all activities cross realm? Being split by servers is a technical limitation, not a design direction. The game should be “one world” in every aspect that’s possible to implement.

Nah. I absolutely don’t want the usual toxic PvE/PvP players to be on the same server with Roleplayers like me that actively harass us for having fun a different way that is beyond comprehension for them.

I already had enough of that :poop: in SWTOR when they removed roleplay servers there.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.