Meta: How to vivify the pet battle forums/community?

I hope it speaks for itself.
This is not a very lively place, although not the only one that suffers from the alleged and actual burnout. I may assume various things, but prefer to keep them off the initial post.
I wish I could do more myself, but enough with my ugly mood, I am looking for some motivation after all! :slight_smile:

So… title?

Pet battles need to instance into a worldwide queue.

Im often up late (3am type late…) and I get no action there at all for hours. But in the USA they are busy. It’s a waste. And who knows I might get a chance to fight against one of the few Asian only pets if someone shows up.

As for the forums they are reflective on the amount of us that take Pet Battling seriously. Few of us…

1 Like

The few that take pet battles seriously either use the warcraftpets DOT com forum or its discord.

Yeah, interaction is split between EU forums, US forums, WCP, Discord, and Xu-Fu’s.

And I do feel that this expansion is a bit “300 channels and nothing to watch”. Many, many new pets, but soooo many uselessly wasted to promote Islands, which were DOA anyhow, instead of being invested back into promoting the pet minigame itself. So there really isn’t a lot to discuss.

“The few that take pet battles seriously”. How few is “few”? How seriously is “seriously”? :stuck_out_tongue:

While I treat third party numbers with suspicion, from

https://www.worldofwargraphs.com/global-stats/achievements/achievement-category-15118

https://www.worldofwargraphs.com/global-stats/achievements/achievement-category-15119

Shiny Pet Charmer 19.7%
Taming the World 16.4%
Polished Pet Charmer 11.4%
So. Many. Pets. 9.6%
World Safari 7.7%
The Celestial Tournament 6.7%
Celestial Family 3.8%
Legendary Pet Battler 2.5%
Brutal Pet Brawler 0.9%
Master of Minions 0.7%
Family Brawler 0.6%
Deadly Pet Brawler 0.3%
Legendary Pet Brawler 0.1%

doesn’t seem crazy to me. 10%-20% of the whole playerbase have done enough to be notable. I know guessing at sub numbers is a current blood sport on the forums, but the absolute lowest numbers guessed by the extremist alarmist fringe are about 2M in the West. I think they’re considerably higher, but for the sake of establishing minima, let’s take that as baseline.

So even at an absolute minimum, almost 400,000 who have done battles repeatedly, 320,000 Safari Hats, 76,000 Celestial Families, 18,000 Stunted Direhorns, 6,000 Trainers.

How many people take pet battles seriously?

How many people chat on forums or Discord?

I think there’s alot of players joining the EU PVP tournament discord as it’s a lot busier than any other forums or the Wcp discord for quality of PVP discussion. People are posting in there non stop.
It’s a mix of EU and US based players which contributes to the constant discussion. If anyone is interested in joining give me or Remte a shout.

I’m kinda glad we don’t have the type of posts on the US forums as they are mostly of poor standard.

The odd thing is that I seem to often play against the same players but they for whatever reason don’t engage in the community. I know that this also happens across other players metas where regular opponents don’t engage also.

the few that take pet battles seriously either us the warcraftpets forum or its discord

I didn’t realise the same accounts can post multiple times.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.