[Meta] Worth the effort?

The absolute peak of these kind of stuff is when it’s someone who geniuenly has no clue what is going on at all but just jumps in to take the neutral & or opposite stance for the sake of “its fun to argue!”

9 Likes

or people who are like, “I stay out of it, but you are all bad”

6 Likes

Come home orc man, we are waiting for you (and your friends)

7 Likes

I understand your dilemma- But, consider this:

If a person ignores you simply because of your associations, are they really worth batting an eye over or worrying about?

The PCU doesn’t discriminate or hate people based on the guild tag (unless they blatantly and openly break Blizzard ToU e.g. by ERPing). Some individuals certainly do, but that’s alright- because, you don’t need to like or enjoy the company of one group in particular, so long as you get along with them!

I’ll use myself as an example, since it’s the one I know most about. I know for a fact that some people in the PCU dislike me or are miffed about me. I can also openly admit I dislike the company of some others, too. That same extends to individuals outside of the community, and vice versa.

But that’s alright, because we still play by the same rules and get along. And that’s the whole point, isn’t it? You don’t need to LIKE one another, but so long as you can tolerate one another and have common decency towards one another, all is good. That’s what PCU does: It creates that channel of interaction for guilds and groups as well as individuals, like ye-olde community feeling in the past did.

Ultimately, as more people join the PCU both as individuals and guilds, we can hopefully start running more serverwide stuff and bring a new golden era of RP like the byzantine empire post-roman fall.

If you want to help with that, contact any of us.

NOOO YOU CAN’T JUST DOWNLOAD AN OPINION ABOUT A GROUP OF PEOPLE BASED ON HEARSAY!

haha “Pcu man bad” goes brrrt

16 Likes

“maybe you shouldn’t listen to the people in THAT discord?”

3 Likes

“But I heard this from 1 person I met in Godlshire when I was just xD afking for my raid, that one time, why would they LIE???”

4 Likes

Not sure about the cookies, but I can offer brew.

1 Like

There is only cold hard role play

6 Likes

Skype cliques were way more shadowy / vicious than any discord on AD

Let me tell you that skype perroy age 15 had a much higher combat rating than discord perroy

100% true, there’s absolutely no draw to run fully public campaigns on modern AD. People don’t care about the narrative / character conflicts and are much more invested in posting zingers on discord / having their group win

Think this is a very dramatic way to put it. Avoiding RP with a group is not really about manipulation - it’s usually a reaction to something sustained + unpleasant and obviously if you’re doing something like that it has to extend to your guild or you’re going to struggle keeping a shared narrative going (ie. if one of you acknowledges player x as being there and the other doesn’t, it will make the roleplay very confusing)

Are you honestly claiming that there are no guilds / groups you would rather have your own guilds avoid? I don’t believe that even briefly

I say this loads because if you’ve committed to you + another group avoiding each other you should do it cleanly and without any umming / ahhhing

Think it is more than reasonable to want to have 0 interactions with guilds that are (to cite a personal example) sending people to do OOC infiltrations of a guild / sending funny lvl 110 alts to grief RP events

Ignoring is very much a last resort after other avenues are reasonably expended as far as I’m concerned - like if you repeatedly have trouble with the same group over and over again with no way to solve it amicably in sight, I’d say that it is the most reasonable thing to do for both parties

9 Likes

The only way that’d occur is if your friends were ERPers/defending ERP, which given from your own posts seems unlikely.
Bring your friends and yourself to us. It’s quite pleasant, I assure you.

4 Likes

As someone who did a few retarded things and is out of any big community right now, I can only concur that the PCU is a good place to be. They’re a forgiving bunch, quite inclusive in general (always felt welcome to their roleplay despite not being a part of their guilds) and offer overall good quality roleplay (hugs to Tyrinar for the Midnight hour). I haven’t felt ooc stress at a single moment while rping with them. Like in every community there are good and bad eggs and they shouldn’t be framed as a whole for a few people behaving weirdly. They can seem a bit overwhelming with the forum presence and the whole “based and redpilled” group but well.

Just waiting on them to pull out a DK guild now.
I wish there was no need for such a big group to reach a server with less drama but we gotta do with what we have. Instead of antagonizing them, just take them at face value -a rp community of people who just want to have fun- and go along with it. You’ll feel better and you’ll avoid drama. And mayhaps even get new friends lel.

10 Likes

That comes under my * point of griefers.

4 Likes

:musical_note:

2 Likes

Sadly not all guilds that do this kind of thing are the typical Lion’s Pride Inn bandits. In fact, some put on a pretty convincing song & dance on this very forum about how they’re the friendliest guys to ever exist and might well be regarded as perfectly average RP guilds

4 Likes

No, i know!

i called them two-faced liars further up!

As said, the whole; “ignore X group” thing is not worth the time of day but the exception to the rule are always griefers and ERPers.

2 Likes

From the top of my massive head I would say check out Hand of Conquest, Red Venturers, Dustpaw Caravan (honourable mention but they actually only take vulpera), Copper Street Solutions or Bilgewater Battalion (all of them have a forum thread here)

11 Likes

As someone who has RP´d with the lot as far back as in Sha´tar RP EU, can confirm. Watrus and her lot are amazing to be around with.

12 Likes

Check us out! But we only take vulpera.

7 Likes

IC racism I see smh. :pensive:

Yeah we are currently developing the PCU : For the North expansion, stay tuned… or contribute with your own guild =)

7 Likes