[Meta] Worth the effort?

Nah; he hasn’t caused any real divide. It was just a joke to reference him.

What did he mean by this?

1 Like

Ahhh, so what’s everyone else on about then? :sweat_smile:

Someone should archive this stuff, honestly.

Hrothgar: Trust or Troll

I clear my throat audibly

basically if the forums are more or less argumentative/vindictive than they were a few years ago.

(No, they are about the same)

Argent Dawn is probably the most active forum on EU besides General Discussion so I’d be surprised if it wasn’t a little argumentative.

Yeah, but I still imagine an utopia where we come to the forums to discuss RP and set up cool plotlines instead of hounding down (and sometimes having to hound down jade witches etc.) certain individuals.

Oh yeah, we’re very passionate over our hobby over here.

i would like that very much, but we cannot let our vigil down lest they win.

I’m genuinely confused - where’s the animosity?

Hence I said “having to”, unfortunately. I’d rather have blizz handle those pesky witches.

Mostly in private Discords these days. The forums isn’t a battleground as much as it used to be.

Oh, same!

Unfortunately, the grim reality is they will not. So we have to step in as best as we can and make the server as unwelcoming as possible to these people.

EDIT: Edited both posts, suggest you do the same.

Grim Gest, the one, single truth… Only the chosen may witness and set eyes on this Dark entity…

Legends say that it led the weak minded fall to madness upon witnessing…

This is… Wisdom.

How long are you banned for on your main?

You seem to be very well informed on Argent Dawn! As someone relatively new, what’s some infamous Argent Dawn tales you could tell?

Can’t help but feel as if the topic’s opening thread is extremely vague and doesn’t elude to any particular conflict between players x and players y whatsoever (ie: non-pcu vs pcu or pcu vs erp or pcu vs lilynore or gdrp crowd vs otherrp crowd, etc), leaving us to fill in the gaps and make assumptions based on various conflicts in the community at this time to perhaps potentially stir up forum drama which has actually led to wholesome discussion.

Or maybe I am over thinking this.

I agree with one of the posters somewhere up above whose name I cannot for the life of me be bothered to remember. These ‘conflicts’ have always been prevalent throughout the years on every role-playing server dating back to when they were conceived. The only difference being that the advent of Discord, addons, etc have brought more prominent issues of conflict further into the lime light.

The PCU in-particular is subjected to much rumor mongering (some of which may or may not be true, I’ll lean on the side of over-exaggerated) but that is because it is a large and vocal community. In earlier years when the realm was larger, multiple instances of communities like the PCU existed and they are certainly good for promoting role-play. The absence of more vocal communities like the PCU within the community leaves them as a primary focus of the community whenever anyone desires to finger point.

As it stands, with the general ever declining state of an aged MMORPG, that decline will inevitably trickle down into the RP community, as less new role-players join and veteran members leave for greener pastures or have tired of the setting, ultimately, we are potentially going to be left in a state where a bunch of old fogies are just bickering with each other. Imagine, if you will: a retirement home for WoW role-play. That will be the fate of Argent Dawn.

On another topic entirely, I feel bad for players with ‘Lily’ in their character’s name. It carries a very negative connotation on this realm now. :frowning:

1 Like

Not really tbh, not everyone with Lily in their name is an erp or troll, so why they must be frowned upon ?

Individual reads the name ‘Lily’. Lilynore subconsciously comes to mind. “I’d better alt check that and be wary”. Even if the paranoia isn’t there, it’s a reminder of ‘Lilynore’ and that’s more stigma than a name deserves.

Imagine, if you would, if I prefaced all of my character names with ‘Shonn’.

Shonny, Shonne, Shonnell, Shonnbon, Shonnelly, etc.

I’d start associating them with glistening obelisks, harems and Christmas trees. At least on a subconscious level.

fair enough.

Now I really want those sugar dusted Bonbons you could get in packets, and I bet that the cruel vagaries of fate will ensure that though they may have all manner of sugary tat up at 'Trader Vic’s, that when I go to do my Apocalypse shop, Bonbons there will be none…

1 Like