[Meta] Worth the effort?

One day AD roleplayer and PCU roleplayer will mean the same thing. A Venn diagram with 100% overlap …

It’s already too late, anti-PCU bros …

15 Likes

As far as excluding people for alligning with a certain group (Can’t find the quote, but I’m sure it was said) :

…It’s my opinion that that’s just dumb. (less its Goldshire Lux ofc.)
It’s judging a book by it’s cover, read the G-tag and ignore the person. Who knows, you might’ve had a good interaction.

As for the PCU:
I got no idea what they look like on the inside, or their private discords, but I can’t say I had a bad interaction with them.
A particular good one comes to mind though, with Bearan from the HoC ages back. Wherever you are brother, keep doing you :+1:

Yeah, like me, I believe some of the rumors about the PCU, turned out, they were just that, rumors.

Ever since then the PCU has been a very based community of people with super based RP.

1 Like

Except for when said guild spread lies about you behind your back and try to grief your RP events.

2 Likes

And that, aye.

Can you give me a TLDR on what/who that is?

A very good troll who got guilds broken up from the inside.

A Dwarf roleplayer many years ago who paid other players to infiltrate roleplay guilds to destroy them internally. He also liked to roleplay as a politician in Stormwind who wanted to democratise the kingdom.

Like… OOC destroy them from the inside or was it RP? How were they discovered? How much did he pay people?

Honestly, I don’t mean to be a gawker I just think this is very interesting.

Ah yeah. He was a thorn in the side of much of the Dwarven RP community as well.

the server… it sings to me…

1 Like

He wanted them destroyed on an OOC level. He paid using real in-game gold. It was something like 100K, which was a very big figure back then.

I think he was found out because the person he paid came clean and admitted it all on the forums. Granted, this was a long time ago so my memory is slightly hazy on the specifics.

Worst time to go on a 6 month hiatus because I missed the main blow out from this.

MoP

How does one person destroy a guild? What were his motives? Does he still play on the server? What expansion we talking because 100k is chump change for some now? :slight_smile:

i didn’t mean for that joke to actually derail things sorry, but all that has been said is true

Not sure. I think it involved creating drama?

It was about his e-peen. He wanted to be the big boy political roleplayer, I guess.

Don’t think so.

Unfortunantly due to the nature of online communities it is not a foreign topic for people to backstab their supposed “Friends” even for small things like in-game currency, especially on AD.

I doubt he was an actual n@zi, but a lot of the drama stemmed from the fact he openly modelled his guild after 1930s german politics, with such ventures as “The Hrothgar Youth”. It was that crap which solidified him as a troll to not take seriously, but he somehow persisted all the same. I don’t miss it one bit; even if the threads could get entertaining, the n@zi stuff obviously made me uncomfortable.

He was a powerful troll, because you couldn’t tell where the person ended and the memes began. He’s among AD’s best pantomime villains from over the years.

3 Likes

True, I’d sell some of my WoW friends out for Royal Jelly for the bee mount right now :joy:

How has this caused such big drama though? If he was paid one person and it was just them two (unless I’m mistaken) how does this create such a big divide?