Micro CC... Again

Here’s a situation. Solo shuffle. Going versus rogue and idk something. Damage is going off, i am trying to cast. It went something like this…

Rogue notices me, le holy pally trying to be a useful chad.

I start to try and be useful (after precognition baits the kick)

“casts Flash of light” - Gouge
“casts Flash of light” - Shadow dance Garrote silence
“casts flash of light” - Cheap shot
“casts flash of light” - Kidney Shot
“casts flash of light” - Blind
“tries to cast flash of light for the 15th time” - Gouge

bubbles, tries to heal

Heals

Rogue repeats the maneuver while his dots eat the other guy alive

I lose the match. I go pay for therapy. They haunt me.

I read a comment on a youtube video where a guy notes “why is PvP in dragonflight dead” or something like that and someone wrote “The whole existence of rogues is what makes pvp not fun” and witnessing what I had witnessed… I cannot agree more.

Dh is kinda the same with less CC but they do 300% more damage so it may be a small issue.

“cast” - nova
“cast” - spike
“cast” - imprison

While pumping 250k DPS for over 30 seconds :joy:

3 Likes

I agree on the cc but doesnt hpala use holy shock anymore? In the rare few games that Ive seen them they heal alot with instants

1 Like

you will love tww with all the passif cc added

Holy shock 2 charges 6 second CD each for 80k healing during a burst window? You must be joking

1 Like

I think they heal and rotate instants, they definitely should not only try cast flash of light

1 Like

Sounds like a positioning issue. HP is very susceptible to CC so you have to take extra care.

Yes you rotate 2 instants for 100k healing, holy shock and wog. On heavy damage you have to cast, there are no more instants.

When I read a comment like this I know someone had completely and utterly missed the point.

1 Like

You trying to cast flash of light is the mistake
If they pop burst, you either pop your burst ( Daybreak/Wings and so on)or use a defensive like bop to f their go up
If i really have to cast anything, it is better to cover it with Aura mastery to not get silenced or interrupted or make it a fast one with divine favor
Use judgement and crusader strike too whenever you can, they generate 1 hp too
2 shocks 1 judge and now you can wog
The important part is that you get glimmers up on yourself and teammates as soon as the gates open, that is dmg reduction for them and makes it possible to pop Daybreak when you need it, also in shuffle you can just pop tyrs deliverance right out the gate as most will fly directly at your dps and start to pop off
Play as close to max range as you can and best at the corners of pillars
Blessing of sacrifice cc that can be broken by dmg too, Flash of light I only use max 5 to 10 times in a shuffle match and only covered
Just a few tips

5 Likes

Thats what I was thinking too that hpalas dont rly seem to cast flash of light that much. And palas have sac on low cd to break alot ccs and keep wall on their teammates, theyre just not as overtuned as other healers so lower on representation but they do not really need to cast alot. Other healers cast more and are more vulnerable to this constant cc spam the game is now. If palas heals gained buff again it would easily become like we saw earlier that they became the most played healer and I saw ppl instantly rising with it in that season without ever played hpalas before, their toolkit to spam instant heals and sac and bop and freedoms are good in this shuffle if their heals just are strong enough. One should not attempt only cast flash of light is what I tought aswell.

1 Like

Yes we almost never cast
Holy pala is fun in shuffle and I think they are really good in it
As you said bop - sacrifice - freedom are all strong cds in that format, the games are really short so that helps alot, mostly get into trouble if the games last to long and i run out of cds to rotate and trade but that is maybe 1 out 10 shuffle games that really happens
Or if I get into a full caster lobby, that is just torture as hpala right now
I really think hpala looks extremely good in the new expansion, season 1 is often a really good season for hpala anyways

It seemed rly strong last time they buff it, rise to #1 of heals so fast and even ppl with no exp as pala went 2.2-2.4 that season. Hpala need buffs to heals thats prolly all it would take.

1 Like

I am rather sure that we are losing glimmer in the new expansion
And they will compensate by buffing our heals by a good margin, so I am really looking forward to it
Have not been on the beta server maybe for the last month, so I am not really that knowledgeable about the changes
Do not want to spoil the new expansion to much for myself hehe

Well they do deserve buffs, hope they get some.

1 Like

Holy paladin casting :thinking: Unheard of.

Pretty sure shadow dance is going to be sublety only thing now.
So at least there’s going to be less garrote silence spam?

I also dislike endless toolkit of failsafe mechanics, like we are delaing with kids with low IQ which cant understand concept when they did mistake and must pay for it, instead they are armed with 5x failsafe mechanics so even when mistake they not mistake, this is called low skill gameplay.

1 Like

I tend to begin casting > walk forward to cancel it > begin casting > walk forward again to cancel to bait kicks before casting, But yeh rogues never have a dull season. Like ever

While we’re at it, DK stun after 5 stacks should occur only once per target and should be dispellable thx (good DKs will stun the healer in addition to whoever they zugzug, bad DKs will just have their stun dispelled)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.