Migration of Sticky Threads 📢

Hi,

The migration to Discourse has eaten some of our old sticky threads. Those were amazing compendiums of knowledge for all matters RP. Below you see which former sticky thread made it through:

Forum thread Category Link
Roleplaying Guild Map Guilds / RP Migrated
Roleplaying Guild List Guilds / RP Migrated
Guilds of Argent Dawn Guilds Migrated
Raiding Progression - Argent Dawn PvE Migrated
Useful threads: setting, story & roleplay RP NOT Migrated
Agtherian’s Arcane Addendum - Beginner Arcane RP Guide! RP NOT Migrated
History of Argent Dawn RP NOT Migrated

Most of the RP resource stickies were not migrated, and are very likely to be lost once the old forums become inaccessible. The problem with those RP sticky threads was that they were linking to other, older threads as well. We’re risking to lose years of RP guides, community archives and knowledge.

This is an opportunity to migrate old RP knowledge and to create new guides and get them stickied by the Blizzard forum team.

I won’t have the time to maintain any thread, but I’m certain that there are plenty of volunteers who’d feel responsible for keeping our community resources up-to-date. Also, once the first trust level 3 users come along, Wiki threads allow more dynamic contribution by everyone. But until Wiki threads are made and stickied, knowledge from the old forum should be preserved.

Who is up for the task?

15 Likes

It’s definitely worth seeing the “Useful threads” stuff updated and compiled into something new - maybe not a Wiki post (I have visions of that being abused) but something more up to date. I had an old “RP outfits” thread that was linked in there somewhere but I haven’t touched it since Cata, so it was basically useless.

Farming rep has never been so encouraged.

Yet it is an indeed requirement re-post the guides, with an intention to both preserve them and update some.

I was going to rewrite this: https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/13901300183
But this may save me a lot of time tbf.

1 Like

You actually posted the wrong link to my Roleplaying Guild Map thread :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for pointing out! Fixed the link.

Now you did it the other way around :rofl:

Huh, switched it up in the edit. Looks like I got to wait one day before I can maker further edits (I made about 50 in the span of today while editing some other threads)/

Wait wait wait, could you explain more about that? I thought the old forums are just going to stay locked as read-only like they are now.

Will all that stuff get deleted? Forever? When?

Threads on the old forums that at least had activity from two weeks were migrated over to here.

Which is why we have pet peeves and others, etc.

It is likely that in the next month the old forums will be completely gone.

3 Likes

Bump to see if anyone is interested in helping to compile migrations for RP guides.

1 Like

Sure, happy to help.

We should have bumped all the stickies bros… Noo…
watches on as all the threads get sucked into blizzard’s trashcan

1 Like

Is the idea just to copy over threads, or?

Shevron is transferring the History of Argent Dawn thread soon

We’ll need somebody to post the historic Eragorn reply though https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/3523212962?page=4#post-67

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.