Mind Sear switches from enemy to random friendly target

After a 3 or 4 month WoW break I started playing again during 9.2.5 and I noticed some weird behaviour from casting Mind Sear.
When I’m in a random heroic or lfr group, when killing trash packs I usually just throw as many dots on a group as I can and on the last mob that has Vampiric Touch, Shadow Word: Pain and Devouring Plague applied, I just keep spamming Mind Sear until Devouring Plague wears off, then re-apply and back to spamming Mind Sear until all trash is dead.
The weird thing is that for some reason when I used Mind Sear in 9.2.5 and even now in the 10.0 pre-patch, more often than not, the spell gets applied to a random friendly target, player and/or npc, even when in the UI I can clearly see the enemy is still my target. It even targets players standing next to or even behind me, so that my character makes a 180 in a split second.
In 9.2.5 that was annoying but I noticed that when I start channeling wile holding down the right mouse button, most times the spell landed on the intended target and if not, just re-target the mob and start channeling again.
The sh#%$y part of that spell in 10.0 is that it now requires a full insanity bar to be able to cast the full duration. So when it starts channeling on the wrong target, too much insanity gets wasted to just start casting on another target.
I already disabled my addons, moved the WTF folder out so WoW reverts to default on startup and even did a fresh WoW install on a different drive to make sure it wasn’t some old CVar that started acting up or something but same result every time.
Anyone else notice the same thing by any chance?

1 Like

Could it be you used a macro before your break to target a specific party member? /cast [@party1] MindSear

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.