Minor Feral feedback S2 - Wakeup call to the feral devs

Hey,

ive been playing feral since Legion. There are a few things i want to talk about and possible change. Its not a big deal of problems, but they are there.

First thing i want to bring up is the regrowth healing. Having a druid with 450k hp, and 1 regrowth heals for 36-76k and then just ticks for 1.5k-3k hp. You have pressed the button, you look at your health, asking your self “did i press the button?” you cant tell even that you have pressed it.

Lets compare it to a paladin that is pretty much a simelar combo point user. 4 hits, and a heal that does 200k-300k. Vs feral 5 combo points and 76k and 1.5k ticks. That is over 200% more healing. Now you start to see the difference. A paladin can go from 20% hp to 100% in close to every 4 button press. I have to empty my bank to get my hp back on my feral. You could argue… but you have renewal, yes… then i also will say… Lay on hands, immunity, shield 150k obsorb, 30% DR. Not only that, they take less on hit to, as a plate user.

The armor scaling on feral is very bad. Lets look at my paladin again, my paladin can charge into 8-12 elites in the caverns for core hound quest as an example, and destroy it and tank it at the same time. I try to take out 1 corehound and cant stay alive on my feral. You might be asking, what is the ilvl between em? Feral druid is 419 geared, the paladin is 420 geared.

The paladin is 7 or 8 days old today. A class that i never played before, vs 7 years on the feral. Lets compare that again. I can tank all the silver elites we farm on a paladin, while be top dps, i can heal all people (5) in my grp so they stay alive. If i tank on a feral, im dead in 6 seconds, all CD gone and been running in a circle like a little girl. Then if the other in the grp heal me i might survive. Contrasts between those two are night and day, and i feel its important that this gets trough to the devs. That they understand where the class is, compared to a retri paladin as an example that is close to the dmg profile.

Our flask that is best to use, breaks our stealth. Iced Phial of corrupting rage. Is there a possibility to fix so we dont break stealth? Its super enoying to use. The regrowth might mittigate the flask dmg :stuck_out_tongue: ooof… hurts just talking about it. I belive it does around 80k hp.

Im about to give up the feral, after all this years, when is start comparing to a paladin. Playing a paladin is like playing a Demi God, compared to the feral right now. Retri paladin is like feral was fused with bear tank on steroids.

Good idea is to put the people that reworked paladin on the feral right now.

This is not aimed at pvp, due i dont play pvp. Its more how i know other classes right now, and the pve/open world/raid/dungeons content that i know and play

The dps profile is fine to, even it has some issues that it does not know it want to be bite or bleed. But il take it. its ok, and i enjoy how i dps with the feral.

Issue is that i feel like im running naked around, getting molested by everything in the game regardless how good my armor is.

Re-stealth? We need som way to “vanish”.

6 Likes

DRUID

• The class tree is too bloated with abilities that should have been baseline. Abilities like Cyclone, Soothe and Innervate.

• Convoke/Incarn should be in class tree not spec tree, them being signature druid abilities and druid’s going into Dragonflight losing player power with their new talent tree’s whereas other classes gaining player power with new talent tree’s.

• Frenzied Regeneration should be off the GCD.

• Hearth of the Wild cooldown should be reduced and should be off the GCD.

• Rejuvenation healing is too low.

FERAL

• Feral Regrowth healing in PvP is too low. You currently are unable to recover properly on your own, and that while being a hybrid class ?
4 Likes

Paladin wears plate, Cat wears leather. Use Bear, problem solved.

no its not solved.
Ret paladins literally have the same armor we have in Bear Form, warriors too, and on top of that warriors have defensive stence which decreases ALL damage taken by 15% extra, same goes for shaman, they got a totem that soaks + ghost form acts as 15% all dmg supressant, bear form needs to be buffed or given its WOTLK damage dealing capabilities back, because as it is now, its just bad.

3 Likes

and then do 0 dmg?
Bear had benefits in the past but just like all Druid perks they diminished through xpacs and the gap wih other classes closed mostly so now we got awkward shifting wirh minimal benefits.
other classes got more tankiness more healing spammable roots more mobility etc… not like say in WoTLK not only our perks were strong but shifting had no GCD

1 Like

Shows how good devs are at balance. Arms was just above Feral then got a 4% bump + a few ability buffs, now theyre nowhere near bottom.

Feral got a reduced 15% chance to reset 2pc and 3% bump on agility on 4pc.

Still stuck on bottom.

Devs are clueless as ever. No wonder Holinka jumped ship.

1 Like

Feral in cat form is at about 17-18% damage reduction from armour, while a warrior is at 34-35% - and that’s without defensive stance or a shield.

Feral in bear form is at 40-41% damage reduction.

Feral in cat form should get the same armour as Moonkin - about 32%. That would be fair imo.

2 Likes

Cat will never get armor, bear form should get more armor or straight up 15% all damage reduction

1 Like

Very interesting resource! I was tabbing though the percentiles of players looking to see if it’s a skill issue. Even at the top end, there’s 10% between Feral and Lock. Cattos need some love!

As a caat you’re not a ret pala or a warrior, you are basicly a rogue.
Feral is by design supposed to be a glass cannon.

No, never been the case

I strongly disagree for i might not keep source of it or quote the exact words but basically blizzars envisioned feral to be hit and run while also rotting the target singletarget.
Now the philosophy of the class is complely confusing but thats another story.
What i was stating is feral is not glass cannon, if they want to make it a glass cannon they need to redesign.
As for now we need more tanky bear.

Give us more burst and more ST pump if you want to make us a glass cannon, even now staying in you can’t out pressure another melee

Ret gets 2% All ability bump. Feral gets 5% Bite dmg.
Ret is mid-top end.
Feral is bottom unplayable spec.

Developers clearly dont look at logs

yh hit and run in the past xpacs but this is now outdated since everyone even a damn DK can perma slow a feral.
We need a really big and huge revamp but with the dwindling dev resources at blizzard I would say that won’t happen.

1 Like

I really think Feral devs and feral players should wake up, before this spec is on its knees, as it was close to being for the past 6 years.
There some spells that slow the character and shifting in/out does not clear the said slow too.
Way too many immunities from the side of the other classes make them hard to kyte/cc and sometimes even damage, for example VS dps Monk theres not a single thing I can do as a feral druid besides try to predict the turbo fists and use leap once every 30 seconds, besides that most of the time i cannot damage them, they perma slow me for 99% so powershifting does NOTHING, and if i dont have leap im basically dead since Bear Form does very little even against monks whomst damage is mainly physical.
We really should have one extra feral charge or/and bear form to stack 5% All dmg reduction 3x times like ghost wolf on top of the armor because the armor is doing nothing against current design and is very little.
As I said above any mail/plate has as much or at least close to the armor we have in Bear Form.
On top of that most of these classes do have on demand all damage reduction abilities, for example Shaman receives a 5% dmg stacking every second, so in 2.5 seconds in Ghost form they already got 15% dmg reduction + slightly less than bear form armor.
Warriors got defensive stance thats outright 10/15(im not sure how much it was) % dmg reduction + the same armor as me in bear form.
Paladins got MORE armor than me in bear form on top of that they got a 120k~ shield that stores damage and explodes + 30% dmg reduction and 2 immunities and what not.
Hunters , nearly same armor + immunity and sac, feign death and so on.
DHs work in completely different way than ferals so i wont discuss that here, but they’re alright even if heavily trained.

1 Like

You know, theres one thing feral does have, a community of agreement.

What started as a pvp thread, has highlighted the fact blizzard are S@%T at designing and balancing this specc in both game modes without a typical attempt to invalidate the others game mode.

4 Likes

I have heard the you have “Bear form” in 10 years on the druid now.

Its so stupid to listen to, that i even had to bring it up in my own raid. You know what i did? I stayed in bear form. Showing em the point “you have bear form”. I belive that must be pvpers saying so. That is a different game then pve.

But lets face it.

Now I had to reroll away from druid, its hopeless. So now i play paladin with my “ARCANITE REAPER!!” Omg im the last to die in raid every pull, my dps is among the top, due you dont have to care much about the dmg around you. Its so good. I cant die :stuck_out_tongue: The value of feeling so tanky on a dps, amazing and cant be valued in a better experience as a dps. Oh i take a critical hit to my hp. How i can i mitigate that? Lay on hands, 2x bubbles, or just a normal heal that brings me to full hp. I cant describe it.

Sorry to disapoint the community of me rerolling. But 10 years of a cold water bucket down my spine as a feral druid is enough. Im so done with it, i dont want to see the cat anymore. Running around as a feral is like beeing that village clown with a tinfoil hat on.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.