Missed my chance for free copy of shadowlands

Hi, I want to start this thread by saying that this game is so good and I’m so glad I started playing but as someone who is recently unemployed I hate the fact I’m now blocked by this wall of being stuck at level 50. I noticed a month ago you where giving away shadowlands for free and I would really like to have the opportunity to play shadowlands and get my character to level 50. appreciation if you take the time to read this. just a bit painful because I can only just afford the monthly subscription nevermind an expansion on top of that :frowning:

Since you are likely a new player, you didn’t miss any chance, because the free copy was only given to returning players (those who had purchased an older expansion in the past).

If it’s any consolation, I believe all Shadowlands content will be added to the base game in roughly two months when the Dragonflight prepatch begins.

Will that then allow me to get max level or will there be a new max level with dragonflight?

10 more levels in DF. So 60 to 70.

Greetings Delamain,

And welcome to the party! Glad to hear you’ve been enjoying the game so far! :slightly_smiling_face:

The promo would indeed only have been for older players though and it sounds like you didn’t qualify - details here:

I hope you still get a chance to check out the Shadowlands as well soon enough, either purchasing the upgrade when you’re ready, or once the content gets rolled into the base version of the game.

Do note that we have no official details on when this might happen though and while looking at past expansions may give a good idea, it’s no guarantee it will work the same way going forward.

I wish you the best of luck on the rest of your adventure wherever it leads next though and hope you have a fantastic day and week!

1 Like