Missing Plunderstorm

Has there been any news about Plunderstorm coming back yet? I hope it will return as soon as possible. One of the best things to happen to WoW in a while, in my opinion.

Here are some new things I would hope from Plunderstorm in the future:

• Ranking
  • New maps
  • New spells
  • New rewards (tied to WoW!)
  • Vault slot for Plunderstorm weekly rewards

As for the rewards, I know there were complaints on the forum about “fomo”, but I think rewards tied to WoW makes Plunderstorm a fantastic endgame alternative for those of us who enjoy it and I don’t think anyone’s “fomo” should be a reason to take away another player’s fun! You could make it free to play separate from the main game, but personally I would prefer if it was an endgame alternative.

I would like to ask for everyone to please remain constructive and be respectful to others when discussing the topic!

2 Likes

i understand this pov, but

pls no

3 Likes

Please no, god please no, nooooooooooooooo gif

If you like it and want back - that’s fine, but dont force other players who didn’t like a bit of it.

4 Likes

Nope, nope and nope.

If they need to do this to get people playing it its not worth the energy. Invest it on a 4th raid instance, make 10 dungeons instead of 8 etc but for the love of god dont waste your energy on that.

1 Like

If they make plunderstorm queueable in game I just don’t see the difference between it and pet battles. I enjoyed plunderstorm so I played it and got things from it. I don’t enjoy pet battles so I don’t do them and don’t get things from them. They’re both sub genre departures from main WoW gameplay so why is “It’s not WoW” a valid argument against one but not the other?

1 Like

i would like to try this mode.

2 Likes

Indeed that’s pure troll.

1 Like

While I wouldn’t mind seeing Plunderstorm as a separate game mode, maybe it would be better if it wasn’t tied to WOW outside of mounts and titles like normal PVP is.

1 Like

How so? I find it a bit rude to accuse me of trolling for proposing a genuine idea.

You don’t have to play it. Like I said in the original post, one player’s “fomo” should not take away another player’s fun. :slight_smile:

“Normal” pvp has mounts, titles, transmog sets, weapon illusions (Something PvE barely gets, if ever) and honour level has multiple companion pets.

There’s absolutely no reason to do this though.

No vault option should come from a standalone mode. If the game is so wonderful then it does not need to force Retail players into it. No FOMO and definitely no Vault.

5 Likes

I do hope it comes back, ideally with another chance at getting the original rewards. I imagine a lot of people missed out on it because of many other games coming out around the same time that it went live.

1 Like

How no retail related rewards takes fun from you, if you like the mode itself so much? It would contain rewards just for the mode itself, and you can play with others, who truly love the mode and not strange players who came just for collection rewards and hate the mode.

2 Likes

I proposed an alternative to endgame, hence the suggestion for a vault slot. No one is forced to play it, just like no one is forced to play Mythic+ or Raids. As explained in the original post, one’s “fomo” should not take away another player’s fun.

Oh yeah, I see you have no idea) Now raiders are forced to play M+, because it’s main source of gear and players who don’t do M+ running behind very fast. And vice versa, M+ pushers to very high levels (like 0.1% achievement) need some raid OP trinkets, so they are forced to raid.

Blizzard already tried to “force” players to do PvP similar way, didn’t work well. That’s why now PvP progrression is totally separated from PvE content. So Plunderstorm could only be the same way.

1 Like

End game is IN GAME.

Maybe returning yearly for the ppl who enjoy it

1 Like

Indeed it may return or another format of the same kind of thing may return.

No doubt with new cosmetics and theme.

As I recall PvP vault slots are going away with The War Within? So ultimately it’s a bit of a moot option. But personally I wouldn’t have minded if Plunderstorm gave honor and unlocked PvP vault slots at the same track as the rest. They’re just vault slots, not battleground/arena rating anyway.

…but because the vault slots for PvP are going away this is moot from the getgo innit.

There is no way that it was not a beta testing for some mobile app that we all got slave baited into with a small price of 2 mounts.