Mistweaver and Storming

There’s a number of healing checks now, I try to save CDs for them, but Storming tends to get in the way sometimes. esp. in small rooms like in Uldaman, my camera goes crazy and esp. these big dwarves, they hurt a lot. I managed to waste Shinji’s a number of times. Besides tanks moving the mobs the moment I cast Faeline Stomp, it’s also these stormings popping. Usually I try to moving around them, in a circle, since they got a fixed moving pattern, but when it’s a lot of mobs, it’s just crazy.

But also some bosses are simply melee healer unfriendly. Take e.g. shield or chain boss in Neltharus. I do what I can, but some dps’s they die like flies so fast.

What to do about this? I do tend to go ranged at points, but yeah, maan goes down fast like that.

Another mob that hurts tons is the dragon in Vortex, also for this, I save CDs, I got the 4 set now, using WAs to track it, I am also getting better with renewing mists, but again, no matter what I do sometimes, some DPS players die soooooooo fast.

I’m not sure of the key level you’re going at, but in these moments / weeks, i’d fully invest in caster Mistweaver. The talent build that amps up the use of Yu’lon, Clouded Focus and Enveloping / Renewing Mist buffs. We have the fortune in that, with correct and mindful play, the 2-set tier bonus this season should keep your mana replenished unless you aren’t actively spreading your Renewing Mists or have an emergency Mana Tea at the ready for vivify/enveloping spamming.

Storming is quite disruptive so you wouldn’t be blamed for being fully HPS Focused than a divide in between. (Also, anyone getting angry at a Healer for lack of DPS should… never be a thing.)

This is, of course, if you cannot find a way to adjust to handle the affix. I wholly commit to the caster route when I get groups full of melee during a troubling week like Storming, Spiteful etc. for this reason. But that’s just how I personally work.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.