Mistweaver Buff for PvE | refreshing jade wind

Mistweaver lacks in the damage department compared to other classes. And it has to be in melee which puts it at higher risk than ranged healers.
The level 45 talent row is pretty much a serpent statue lock in.
Refreshing Jade Wind only heals people within 10 yards which either caters to a melee group or becomes useless.
Chi-ji on the other hand replaces yu-lon which is already a good cooldown.
I was thinking, what if Rushing Jade Wind got a buff to also do decent aoe dmg. Monk would still be mediocre on single target but would be a good help in aoe packs in M+ and the spell would be balanced for pvp since no monk wants to go in melee for the most part in this fast paced meta, as well as the spell being AoE would break potential cc. And since the spell only heals in melee, the statue would still be better purely for healing output and probably raiding except for aoe heavy bosses. Though I do think most healers would opt for Rushing Jade Wind if there was a dmg option in that row.
What do you guys think?

I don’t think I’ve ever used serpent statue in shadowlands.
RJW is the lock on pick for raids, every top 100 log for each boss has +95% of players using RJW, Chi-ji comes second at ~5% for people who likes mana management, and 0% statue picks for any boss.

For m+, Chi-Ji is the go top pick for mana management, you get free enveloping mists + gust of mist procs on targets while doing damage. compared to yu’lon, which costs extra mana for it to be good, which you could spend on doing damage.

The only place I would ever see statue being used, is in arenas.

Do you have any ideas how to increase monk dmg? Or do you think it should be the way it is with the current tookit?

I think the toolkit is fine as it is, maybe some damage buff for tiger palm and a higher softcap for SCK would be enough.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.