Mistweaver monk (alone) vs Afflicted affix

Hello all!

Recent experience: 20 Halls of Infusion, only dispell in group as MW monk (random group).
Dealing with Afflicted affix alone is… hard.
Let me explain:

• When 1 mob spawns, no problem, dispell.
  • The problem starts when 2 spawns, because one dispell and need to heal the other one with a Soothing Mist - Enveloping Mist - 1 or 2 Vivify combo.

Seems easy, right?
No.
Because while you deal with the second Afflicted Soul, you need to:

• heal others (for example keep the tank or other members alive while we pull big pack)
  • deal with mechanics (in HoI you have a lot of stuff, it’s a lot of fun at the bridge in front of last boss)
  • etcetc.

And it’s happening every ~30 sec, and I pray that only 1 Soul is spawning.

Also I noticed that the core spells and abilities, like the healing of Ancient Teachings, or Chi-Ji healing, it doesn’t affect the Afflicted Souls, so we need direct heals to heal the Souls. Why? Why can’t our core abilities affect the Souls?

I hope you never get to a situation like this my fellow mistweaver monks.
And Blizzard, please, at least make our “Fistweaving” work on Afflicted Souls.

1 Like

Because blizz thinks smart heals would trivialize the mechanic so they designed the NPCs to be totems so spells don’t automatically target them.

Just avoid such groups. I see no reason to run setups like that with an affix like afflicted. This week i did close to 30 keys combined my 2 chars and 26-27 out of 30 of them had 2+ players able to dispel. A lot of them had even 3 (inc healer).

1 Like

Because it would absolutly F us even more, imagine your group is dropping low, you use Chi-Ji and start spinning in a big pull only to have ALL that healing get pumped into the Afflicted Ghosts.

I mean Gift of Sheilun can do that, had that happen.

Renewing Mist on the rest of the group and they also get Healed with Vivify that you pump into the Afflicted

I do agree on the mechanics part, but we can also kinda deal with that, by using Thunder Focus Tea to get a instant Enveloping Mist in combination with instant Vivify.

I find it much more horrible in Vortex Pinnacle in certain Pulls (Gust Soldiers) for example, rushing people and leaving that absurd Dot we need to dispell + the afflicted is just a little bit to much.

But all in all, if they don’t invite atleast another Class that can deal with the Affix, should be a insta Leave, it’s absurd to let the Healer deal with this affix in combination with all the other stuff going on, but so is the life of a Healer, everything is Healer affix nowadays.

I did one run solo, and I don’t mind. I dispell 1, and heal the other to full,

The onllyyyy thing I ask in return, is for DPS to INTERRUPT, CC, STUN when needed. Usually I have a /focus on the main thing to interrupt, but when I solo this affix, I expect THEM to at least do that. And it fails… a lot! :stuck_out_tongue:

But imo, for the keys I do, soothing mist+the instant heals it gives is more than enough. I understand you want to heal them melee, but it’s not like we have 0 ranged heals. There’s other moments where we need to do ranged healing, for me that’s no issue.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.