Mistweaver nerfed hard

We are already behind other healers as MW monk in arena/pvp. And now it’s gonna get even worse.

Some nice nerfs:

• Healing Elixir now heals for 10% of maximum health (was 15%).
  • Overflowing Mist now heals for 0.6%/1.2% maximum health (was 1%/2%).
  • Life Cocoon absorb amount reduced by 40%.

If that wasn’t enough they are removing Clouded Focus, which reduces mana cost by -30% and healing by +30% while channeling soothing mist (for vivify and enveloping mist). This is gonna take a huge chunk out of our healing and mana.

To make up for it Vivify healing is increased by 9%, and the mana cost is reduced by 0.4%!!! That should really make up for the -30% mana cost right?

Enveloping mist which cost a whopping 12.000mana is left untouched.

the 0.4% mana reduction of vivify will do close to nothing. What were left with is a huge loss in healing and mana reduction which monk desperately needs to even compete with other healers. Those 12k mana enveloping mists will really stack up.

I don’t understand why these devs keep destroying classes left and right and trying to justify that it’s somehow an improvement when it’s not. MW will be left very weak compared to other healers in pvp.

Yeah, idk wtf these people are smoking, but f*** this sh*t

1 Like

lol

Biggest problem is the fistweaver healing style is making mw even worse

Get good at the game instead of making up stuff about MW being weak or behind other specs. MW currently is S-Tier or at least at the top of A-Tier.

Healing elixir is still strong. I barely need to heal myself in M+ and raid.

Overflowing mists is such a small difference that it is not noticable at all. And there are better talents to take than this in the first place. Most MW players don’t use this talent at all no matter how many % it heals. xD

Life Cocoon is still strong and a must have. It’s mostly to save a player from dying, and it does its job well.

So in PvE MW is still top tier. All changes are for the best and I enjoy this spec much better now.

I don’t know anything about PvP, and WoW is a PvE first game so it is only obvious that it will be balanced around m+ and raids and not PvP. IMO PvP should have its own version of each class and talents. I don’t think it is possible to have one set of spells/talents and be able to balance it around PvP and PvE at the same time.

Isn’t MW S-tier right now?
And remember, you can’t really judge during a pre-patch my man. You gotta wait.

With recent nerf to tear of the morning, vivify cleave amplification nerf from 20% to 10% and enveloping mist cleave nerf from 20% to 12%, plus some other nerf, mistweaver monk is nowhere to be S-tier.
Currently paladin can pump 40-50% more than a mistweaver in raid and i would say that restoration druid and restoration shaman are at least 15-20% ahead.
If we should have to make a tier list based purely on HPS it could be :

• S : holy paladin
  • A : restoration druid, holy priest, restoration shaman
  • B : preservation evoker, mistweaver monk, discipline priest

In that order.
You can check log on wow log if you are sceptical.
Yes it is still beta but there are only 20 days left till extension, i loose hope to see master of harmony fix or some nerf reverted (tear of the morning was hit too hard).

Of course HPS is not the only thing that has to be take into consideration but mentionning utility (blessing of summer or power infusion) or powerfull cooldown (power word: barrier, aura mastery and spirit link totem) mistweaver only offer that sweet healing pattern with short burst window which discipline priest already bring.

Yet Mythic+ is total other story where mistweaver can be considered as a S-tier or at least a really strong A-tier but still nowhere as good as holy paladin that can pump 5-6M dps on pack with blessing of summer which is rediculous.