MM in Arena: next week's patch

Hi,

So what do people think about next week’s patch for MM Hunter in Arena?

To me, it seems a very good change for us: we’ll probably do quite better vs War/DK and still do well vs Mage/SP. Only exception is lock maybe, might be tough for us, especially demo lock.

Not too great :pensive:

10% more stamina means nerf to burst/setup specs and buff to dampeners and pressure specs. Bm and sv will benefit more overall.

Armor change is good, basically cloth becomes leather and plate - mail. We become more well rounded and lose our specialty to one shot mages and priests.

Mm will be by far the worst hunter spec next reset

I was already becoming disillusioned with the snoozefest that is MM. Now I can bench it completely and focus on other classes.

What exactly are u talking about? What changes we will receive?

The armor change is a good thing. How much dmg plate will take from us im not sure but people told me its 10.5% more dmg on plate and cloth will take 3% less dmg.

In rbg/bg and wpvp its fun to play and stronger than arena. However MM is the worst spec of all hunter specs to play in arena. It falls down one or maybe even two entire tiers when played in arena. I’ll put it at C tier.

Problem is our hardest hiting ability is on 20sec and very suspectible to micro CC. And worst is Aimed is on 2sec+ long cast and should of never been that long. Should of been 1 sec cast. This is not good because we are squishy and should not stand still for so long since we are not a tanky lock with millions of absorbs (dark pact).

If you are experienced on MM and have played it for years, yes years, then play it in arena. But if your new to it your going to have a very hard time.

My advice is just play 2s and push rating there and find a good healer to play with often. Rdruid is the best. 2s is the best mode for all hunters since in 3s we just die (all hunters in general). Solo is a bit better than 3s since its disorganized but if melees decide to go for you then its over.

Edit: I forgot about locks. They are already hard to deal with for everyone and will be stronger next week because they benefit from armor increase since they have armor talents that multiply it. People are saying it will be like plate.

@Mewithoutyou: Yeah BM and SV will benefit more but MM+RDruid/HPriest for example is not much as a setup-based spec as Rogue Mage so I think it won’t be affected as much. I mean we don’t have to 100 - 0 in our goes.

@Brondhier: this one:

@Bac: 10% more damage vs plate is pretty nice.

@all: I don’t think MM is as bad in arena as people think it is. Currently I’m at 2k cr in 2s as MM, and if I switched to BM, I’d be around 2k as well. Surely I like MM more so I put more effort into MM but still the difference is not that big. The biggest problem really is it’s harder to pug as MM, because we have less choice and people prefer BM/SV. 3s especially takes a long time to pug, so unless I already have a healer with me, I wouldn’t be bothered.

Bac is more of a 2s player, so he can maybe comment on the implications on that bracket.

I personally only play solo shuffle, currently at around 2k -2.1k, and in every lobby I’m the one expected to lose being MM, and usually when I win, it’s because I was able to do some “hero play” like an unexpected swap or one-shot. The 10% more health change favors steady damage classes such as DK/DH a lot more and makes my one shots less likely.

But I don’t want to complain, maybe the changes are good. I like the idea of having more damage on plate, while not totally destroying mages.

So far, for me, in 2s at 2k cr, overall it seems more or less the same compared to before the patch. Some comp are easier (e.g. War/DK Healer, Rogue Mage) and some comp are harder (mainly Lock Healer), but overall MM still feels like B-tier to me. I like the armor normalization though.

@Mewithoutyou: I don’t focus on Solo as much as you do but I can see your points.
How do you find it after the patch?

A bit tougher than before, mostly because of the 10% stamina.

I had countless games this week where somebody survived on 5% and then trap ended and the healer saved them. Harder to get kills for sure.

The armor nerf is not as noticeable as I had expected. Unholy DK though is much easier to kill.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.