MMOs for Roleplayers - which are left besides WoW?

The Blood Elf posters have turned on each other. Truly this must be the darkest timeline…

2 Likes

For a dead game it sure is keeping my mental state alive hehe

pain, endless pain :frowning:

1 Like

even the cats have them (especially the cats)

I actually hate the ear pockets.

Nothing ruins a dark knight helm quite like ear pockets on a cat.

Don’t run a miqo then!

this was written by the elezen gang

2 Likes

In my crusade to achieve 69 posts before I vanish into the aether, I list below my learnings.

SWTOR is the epitome of bubble RP, in that each guild constructs its own narrative, separate from those of other guilds and most often the setting itself. For example, you will encounter advertisements for guilds that RP as empires outside the game’s timeline and canon. To join one of these guilds, you are required to study their website and complete an application form. The form will include your character’s concept and backstory, as well as your reasoning for wanting the join the guild; IC and OOC.

ESO’s RP community is smaller even than SWTOR’s, from what I have heard. It is also guild-based, but allows for RP that concerns the landscape. Here on AD, it is (or was, deadgame amirite? uptop lmfao :clown_face:) standard practice to ignore the game mechanics and RP through ephemeral concepts, such as raid markers and player-conceived imaginings of places and locations. In ESO, I am told that it is standard practice to use the enemy NPCs as the enemies in events. How true this is, I do not know.

FF RP has so far been a group of demented Second Life rejects with a penchant for futility and stagnation. The most common manifestation of RP events takes the form of Tavern Roulettes, orchestrated gatherings where people of all creeds and breeds join together for an eastern fantasy-themed group chat. Their characters exist only within the spheres of the tavern and their own bedevilled imagining; the exploits they speak of and claim to have partaken in are as hallucinatory as the brownprosed ramblings of your common Goldshire resident. Most of them also have a strange and morbid obsession with Genshin Impact. Not to say that this is inherently bad, simply that they do.

I hope to have been of some assistance!

5 Likes

EU FF RP community at least.

US servers are far less anal retentive.

The Cat glares at you, how dare you tell his servent to race change from a catboy in honour of him

au ra gang

where no matter what face or horns you use their gonna clip through something

Aah… I wish there was a Mass Effect MMO. But I hear SWTOR RP is still going on NA servers. Even though the game was janky and severely RP-unfriendly on release, I have really fond memories of SWTOR’s first two years.

One MMO coming out in the future, one to look out for is Palia

I imagine the setting/aesthetic is not to everyone’s tastes, but there are apparently Warcraft RPers on the development team, and they’ve said on a number of occasions they want to make it very RP friendly.

4 Likes

Maybe its because WoW has worn me down but, I prefer the horns clipping out of the helms than the ear pockets.

EDIT: Also, I’m an au ra at heart.

Just couldn’t NOT have a catboy named after my Little Old Man.

1 Like

Honestly the entire Sin’dorei RP community is partly in shambles because everyone hates eachother with a violent passion.
Though lmao partly because they’ve all probably tried to ‘date’ eachother.

13 Likes

Ah man, cant wait till i manage to pull Aerilen back into the Magisters’ Terrace :kiss: :heart:

7 Likes

looks at the camera
a single tear trickles down my face

I kind of do but I don’t really. I don’t trust the writers who thought the ME3 ending was an artistic masterpiece to give us a believable, immersive game world conductive to RP.

1 Like

alright boys what race we rolling in the mass effect mmo

I’d play an asari, no question. Closest thing the setting has to elves, and Liara is my favorite character in the franchise (and one of the inspirations for Lintian).

okay okay cool

class?

Er… Uhhhhhh…

I didn’t think that far, let me roll a d6 brb

(Edit: Adept it is! Aptly enough. Yes, I actually rolled :))