MMOs for Roleplayers - which are left besides WoW?

Hey, wanna come for a walk with me into the forest?

Also have that one; “Emotionally Unavailable” character (lost his mate in the cataclysm and never recovered)

2 Likes

Yeah, my widow was very closed.

My druid proceeds to bore you crosseyed for two hours, nerding out about the wildlife and ecosystem.

Honestly? Quite tempting! I played Runescape a lot in 2019 and the beginning of 2020, might return some day!

As for other MMO’s, I’ve tried FF14. While I had a lot of fun, it’s difficult for me to fully immerse myself in it. The main reason I played WoW was for the RP and the lore. I don’t know if I even have the energy to immerse myself in FF like I did with WoW, and that goes for other MMO’s out there. In Elder Scrolls Online I faced the same issue.

So I’m playing on a private vanilla RP server instead lmao :v::kissing:

1 Like

You know, classic or private vanilla servers, would be alot more attractive if they used the updated and additional customisation options of live and the HD structures and mounts of live etc.

Oh absolutely! Though I will admit that the private server I’m currently on does have its charm, despite the super old graphics and models.

1 Like

Are there dedicated RP forums for FFXIV or ESO and so on?

Or would we have to make a list of reddits, discords, etc?

https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/

That’s where I found the Chaos RP Discord link.

No idea about ESO.

1 Like

ESO has https://www.eso-rp.com/ for both NA and EU RP, though the NA community is more active there.
EU has https://stormrp.enjin.com/forum for Daggerfall Covenant RP. StormRP is nowadays more discord-based, though the enjin still exists and is used to some degree.

I don’t know / care about other faction based RP, though I know it exists somewhere. StormRP currently has an initiative to try and breathe life back into the open world RP places of yore.

1 Like

WoW rp would be in a great spot if there was actually some form of communication.
You see people announce dungeons, talk about systems, raids, whatever the next complex system is, they even touch on lore here and there but I don’t recall any Q&A or patch preview ever talking about the state of roleplay servers, features they might be looking to add for rp or anything of the sort.
It’s like that part of the community doesn’t officially exist/isn’t acknowledged.

Some dedicated rp tools to make rp events more exciting, some moderation, looking at the faction balance and overall population balance to make things feel alive.
Things to let players get more creative and immersed in the world they love and come up with new stuff.

Any of that and you could even market WoW as the RP Mecca with what it could offer combining official support with powerful add-ons…

Anything other than WoW doesn’t have a trp with rp profiles and a map-scan feature to instantly find likeminded people even across all zones, let alone dedicated rp servers…
Other mmo’s while they have some rp centric communities of varying sizes simply don’t have that ease of access and while im sure you can have a good time over there, some prefer the lore and setting in wow and its vibrant zones…

I sincerely wish that there can be a dialogue at some point with people that work on world of warcraft and that the rp community can be heard and gets some love that I feel it truely deserves considering the amount of work and passion people put into this, and have for the last almost 17 years…

1 Like

Needs more companions and they should be able to wear helmets. It’s ruining certain looks I want to cultivate.

Well, they rolled out the Communities feature when people were already doing Discord so that died…

Still better than when as a subcategory to the LFG tool

Wowwee thanks anet for letting me write 20 characters to advertise rp where no1 will ever read it

1 Like

They are good as a cannon fodder, but jesus do they pull everything in a dung when you try to speedrun it…

I think devs mentioned that helmets won’t be a thing due to how unique they wanted to make AI, with their own story and all, not like your average NPC guard/healer/mage.

And whilst I do agree with that - it is still gash for not being able to make them wear entire breton set :triumph:

1 Like

Hard to do when there’s 2 of them and everyone has em.

1 Like

I do think they implemented the two just to, you know, test the waters, in case stuff is broken or too op. I am confident they will continue that route, given the fact that you can modify your companion to a reasonable degree and his/her gear is like the hottest commodity in every guild store.

I will be sad if I can’t make more millions in the next expansions that way…

1 Like

Just let me put up the hood!
The “Keep them unique” thing falls flat as they all have the same appearance. If you can cover their heads, they’d look different.

And yeah, I’m assuming they’ll add more down the line. Well, they better had.

1 Like

ESO is pretty decent, not as large probably as WoWs community but good quality roleplay, good standards regarding power emoting/meta-gaming/snowflake/lore ect and for the most part not as toxic I think.

Like I promised in the pet peeve thread: a guide to getting started with FFXIV RP, suitable for complete novices (doesn’t assume you’ve even installed the game before).

https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/topic/24360-getting-started-with-ffxiv-rp-for-wow-rpers/

I’ll be updating it as I myself learn more!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.