Modern abilities be like

New spell: Arcane Echo
Type: Damage Spell, Arcane damage
Description: Unleash a surge of arcane energy at your target, causing 48,394 arcane damage initially. The energy lingers, echoing within the target and causing an additional 23,304 arcane damage every 3 seconds for 12 seconds.
No cooldown
No cost

New talent: Echoing echoes
Description: Every time Arcane Echo ticks on a target, the echo echoes to other targets, causing them to take an additional 10,395 damage.

New talent: Echoing spirits
Description: Little arcane spirits come out of your target whenever Arcane Echo deals damage. They will land in a random location, dealing damage to everyone standing in it.

New talent: Echoing Blast
Description: Casting Arcane Blast now has a 7,5% chance per arcane charge to apply Arcane Echo.

New talent: Stereo speakers
Description: Whenever an echoing spirit hits another target also affected by Arcane Echo, Echoing echoes is triggered.

New talent: Ramping Echoes
Description: Whenever stereo speakers is triggered, the effect causes a stacking buff on the player that improves the damage of all future Arcane Echoes dealt by that player by 2%, stacking up to 100 times.
Sound effect sounds like your speakers are blowing. Higher stacks is higher noise. Lasts 15 seconds.

New talent: Subwoofers
Description: Echoing echoes has a 0,5% chance to grant you Subwoofers ready! When Subwoofers ready! is active, you deal 35% extra damage on all spells. Casting Arcane Echo will consume this effect.

New proc: Subwoofers ready!
Description: Increasing all damage dealt by 35%. Casting Arcane Echo will consume this effect and stun everyone with amazing disco music for 2 seconds.

New talent: Arcane Sunglasses
Description: Your Arcane Echo now always crits, but its damage is reduced by 35%, the net effect of which is no change, but your numbers now pop every time! Critical Strike will instead give a chance to trigger Subwoofers ready!

New talent: Arcane boom
Description: Arcane Echoes can now deal siege damage.

New talent: Arcanine
Description: Each additional echo generated by Echoing Echoes has a 5% chance to split into nine weaker echoes, each dealing 15% of the original echo’s damage. This splitting effect cannot occur on echoes that have already split.

New talent: Hearing aids
Description: For each stack of Ramping Echoes, there’s a 1% chance per stack that the next Arcane Echo will not consume the buff but instead reset its duration.

10 Likes

This is why I play Guardian Druid. I had to retake 4th year math again in 5th year, WoW DPS is just way too much for me.

3 Likes

The math is the least of that spell’s problems. xD

I encourage you to come up with some more. Let’s have some fun

You are not a true wizard (Arcane mage) unless you have spent years studying the intricacies of magic (the rotation).

1 Like

Are any of these talents mutually exclusive? My Excel sheet needs to know.

2 Likes

Of course not, and each of them only costs 1 talent point.

They’ll be giving you a job offer soon at this rate.

Insert a couple of typo’s and a grammar mistake and you’ve nailed it.

All these echoes made my head hurt…

The only echoes I wish to hear from this moment on are those of my masters’, in the Deep Dark Beyond.

Glory to N’Zoth! Drink deep of his voice. :octopus:

By the way, this was a good one, Ishayo. I legit chuckled a little, all these spells are so complicate now.

2 Likes

It’s not a true modern WoW ability if it’s not a Monk mechanic given to a brand new class.

Well I neglected to mention how large an area would be hit by Echoing echoes, how long the spell’s cast time is, and I described a louder volume as a “higher volume”. I also made sure to give the proc an exclamation point at the end of its name, leading to confusing grammar.

So when do I get the job?

Blizz sent out the offer on Tuesday.

Unfortunately you were made redundant the next day.

4 Likes

It better be Stayin’ Alive by the Beegees.

Just imagine Aliiiiiiive echoing in the dungeon hallways. For everyone in the group obviously. It’ll be glorious!

But yeah, that did my head in. Just like some of the current rotations :smile:

2 Likes

Seems like a good cleave dps potential

Can’t add Pokemons, Nintendo will sue.

1 Like

On point!

But don’t forget that with the next patch echoes won’t be the best talent choice unless you have the two set bonus which adds 5.1 Dolby digital but once you get X haste you’ll want to cast echoes only on Tuesdays

1 Like

Yes. Love the part where set bonuses require an otherwise optional talent.

And of course that will be added in hotfix 1 of the .5 patch.

Seriously though, I’m sick of this. Why can’t my spells just be simple and fun and reasonable in number? Why is my rotation 15 spells, why does every talent cost 1-2 points so I have 50 of them, why all the procs and visual vomit. Sick of it. The game is stressful. I can’t play it when mildly tired. So exhausted.

Perhaps you could elaborate on what the actual issues are?

Is it that you have to pick one (or low number) from all those talents?
Is it that you need to pick all of those talents to make this echoy thing be good?
Is it that it’s too convoluted to know whether or not any of these talents are worth taking?

I don’t play mage and don’t know what issue you’re having here.

I mean besides the fact that it’s meaninglessly complicated and generally annoying?

It blows your speakers and lags your GPU and then crashes the server.

The fact you can’t tell shows the problem with the current state of things. This reads like anything else in the game atm but it’s completely broken.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.