Modern Warcraft

I can’t enjoy Warcraft’s theme and story anymore.

Everything is so cartoonish and dumb. It feels like a Disney movie.

Warcraft used to have deep, mature themes. It used to make you feel sorrow, pain, awe, hope, anger ..

Now it doesn’t make you feel anything. It’s a badly written parody of the Warcraft universe.

It treats its audience like emotionally inept children who are excited about the colour pink and rainbows.

It’s sad and weird at the same time.

40 Likes

Yep, I agree with you so much OP

6 Likes

Everything in Dragonflight has put like Disney movie and the cartoons for the children

It’s time for free to play

4 Likes

its twitter fantasies --made by devs who’’ work’’ on twitter and use warcraft to ‘express themselves’’

17 Likes

those uesd to be contained on that pinterest board now theyre here ;s

1 Like

Yes it was used

Just like all of the expansions, except BFA and Dragonflight

I was on the verge of tears in BfA, watching Jaina reuniting with her long dead brother. They are still capable of creating meaningful stories, yet choose to stick to mainstream tropes

the story was always cartoonish and dumb anyone remember the alliance robocat ? :stuck_out_tongue: or most of the alliance cata being a meme because they didn’t have the time to finish the alliance side

or remember arthas being like I-IMPOSSIBLE … and running away like a little b
it had that total NEXT TIME GADGET NEXT TIME vibe to it

1 Like

Awh shiet, here we go again.

4 Likes

Calling this clown show Warcraft is a bit generous.

5 Likes

I wasn’t, because her dead brother was a retcon, just brought back for what?

No they flocked to mainstream Twitter because Tumblr banned NSFW stuff.

Remember that Dragonflight might be overcompensating for the theme of Shadowlands, the players whined about the dark non-covenant zones.

3 Likes

To me that’s the only problem. I mean Jaina emulating Elsa from Frozen and the community criticising this in BFA should have been the first signal. But I also understand they trying to modernise the game and artwork and make the characters relatable to a younger and more modern audience.

2 Likes

Wow doesn’t have to be dark to be good way a dumb take

1 Like

I think anyone on the horde side (except vulpera’s maybe) agrees.

I agree.

/10chars

Warcraft always was cartoonish and dumb
:person_shrugging:

The Fox and the Hound, The Black Cauldron, Night on Bald Mountain in Fantasia, , Pinocchio, The Hunchback of Notre Dame (you know, where Judge Claude Frollo kills a woman within his first two minutes of screen time) , Tarzan (you know, where Clayton taunts Tarzan, saying “go ahead, shoot me” and “be a man.” His fate is even worse, as he doesn’t realize he’s getting entangled when he frantically slashes the thick mass of vines in a futile attempt to kill Tarzan.) …
Bambi, damn Bambi!!! Where he and his mother are shown grazing and having a peaceful day out, which is interrupted by the sound of bullets. Bambi runs deep into the forest, with his mom following closely – or so he thought.
Just to name a few, but the list is basically endless
Disney is dark as hell, darker than Warcraft actually most of the time

1 Like

Not trying to be disrespectful but I can’t really take a Vulpera player’s opinion seriously.

8 Likes

Naturally, you have the right to disregard anything a player said because of the avatar of the race he or she plays, but that tells more about you than the vulpera players
:person_shrugging:

1 Like