Mograine Faction Imbalance Discussion

Mograine Faction Imbalance Discussion

Hello Everyone,

I opened this sepparate thread to just rant about the current state of affairs. However, feel free to offer feedback and/or suggestions to improve the in-game experience or complete with other aspects on the subject.

I’ve read a few other threads on this but it seems like the issue is pretty low-profile on forums about Mograine since the ones that are actually experiencing it are Ally. Having a pretty low population will lower the probability of people openly addressing it online.

The horde population had a few massive leaps in the last week and a half (a few thousand players, totaling over 10k on average - 13k peak times), while the Alliance gained about 1k more, totaling about 3k at peak playing times. The overpopulation of horde doesn’t only affect in-game experience through horde hunting and camping lowbies and pvp illiterate players. It also affects the economic aspects through matts rarity and collection, all the way to content progression as it is harder to generate a raid group and a decent BG experience.
For example: Sholzar Basin has the only spawn locations for Adder’s Tongue. Collection is extremely hard with the swarm of horde playing at off-working hour times. This will be a big set-back for alchemy progression and will greatly inflate the reagent price on the AH since only those properly geared players will be able to survive a 1v2 stand-off vs horde while farming. Most of the times while leveling in Northern i’ve been ganked by 2 hordes at the same time. And if it was a 1v1 and I was winning, he’d bring a pal to restore his dignity minutes later. In both instances I wasn’t the initiator btw.

The PvP side of things isn’t that bright either. As said earlier, most openworld PvP seems be reduced to camping/hunting obviously disadvantaged players from the opposite faction (both ally and horde), since the possibility of an actual enjoyable stand-off is greatly influenced by the number difference. This aspect punishes leveling players in particular, because the S tier leveling regions are swarming with hordes that simply don’t allow you to farm that mob/loot that flower/simply exist in that region. Openworld experience on PvP servers greatly depends on at least a 40-60 faction distribution. Any lower than 35 will simply be painful and discouraging.

I can’t help but feel that all this will shrink the Alliance further in the up-coming months since there is way less opportunity and environment protection/cooperation for the players.
I also think that Blizzard KNOWS this, and is thus restricting transfers so a PvP server won’t transform into a Horde only server, thus defeating the purpose of open-world PvP. To be honest, I think that transitioning this server to a normal one would be the only thing that would save it in the long-run. But from all I’ve read in the forums, all such complains fall on deaf ears, so who knows what the future holds.
I for one don’t know If I’ll play until next year if the system doesn’t change somehow - I don’t care how. Either fix this, or let me GTFO on another server. Even paying for it doesn’t work…so you’re stuck with developing a Stockhold Syndrome or leaving the game.

6 Likes

Calm yourself.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.