Monk a mobile class? please

Compared to what? Enhance and ret maybe (notice a trend? the hybrids are in the crap pile)

Everyone else?

DH- best mobility in the game, holy hell, glimpse is broken af
Warrior - 2x charge, leap, intervention,cc breakers to maintain mobility, just constantly on the target.
rogues - 2x shadowstep speed, chain, speed etc.
DK- no need for mobility when you can pull everyone constantly and keep 2 targets perma snared.

WIth the amount of Fears, roots, snares and knockbacks in the game staying on a target in an arena has become ridiculous. God forbid you get a frost mage in your lobby. May as well just afk.

I rolled a warrior to see, night and day difference with staying on top of a target, ridiculously easy and fluid gameplay and it does the same if not more damage with more utility!!

3 Likes

yes it’s hard to stick to target , if target is not immune we can use disable x1 or x2 depending on what’s running on target…can trick the target with other tools in our arsenal , but you are correct in your statement in my opinion.

I like to order class with what I call “ease to apply damage”, and ww monk is certainly not toping this list for sure, I agree 400% .- Not yet talking about button bloat-

ww monk is not in a good shape right now.

1 Like

The ‘Monks are so mobile’ thing really irks me.

In a vacuum, it’s true we can stack speed buffs & cover decent distances, but where mobility is ‘the ability to move freely and easily’ -then more often than not, when it matters (during fights), we’re simply not mobile -given the cc spam, snare spam, root spam, pulls & grips. It’s ridonculous.

Is the real question. More & more classes have similar if not better mobility & even ‘immobile’ classes can often run circles around Monks with CC spam +speed buffs.

2 Likes

Its looks like a joke -argument that → “you are mobile class”
mobile for what ? 99% of time run away from your enemys ?

have possibility to retreat from dangerous places it’s good ability and
a lot of clasess have this ability but they don`t build game play arroud it, and only for monk we have this case

I love monk idea in many different games - you dont need some artifacts or strong weapon - your body its your weapon.
Your fists attacks can destroy plate armor like a paper, your body like an iron with strong selfhealing also you can catch any target because your movement speed so fast, and you can heal yourself and your teammates

But for Blizzard vision it’s glass cannon with middle level of damage

And damage is fine for me I am just fully not agree with my passive defence and my self healing- look`s like a forgotten class

1 Like

against any frost mage + insert random caster here, worst case lock; “playing” as a monk becomes a meme. in the time you’re trying to reach a target, where you btw have to waste all of your mobility spells, you lose 80% health in micro cc
I don’t even try to reach mages anymore and just wait until another target is in a good spot

2 Likes

All I read is “I can’t use teleport properly”. Also: Monks are kiters. Our specialty isn’t training ranged

lol yes, when it’s 2 ranged vs 2 melee, who exactly should we be training mate?

Tell me how does teleport help us reach the target?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.